Technical Business Analyst (Highways)
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £46,359 per annum
Closing Date: 20th June 2021
The Highways and Transportation team over the coming years will strive to modernise the service, specifically around leveraging value from technology and raising customer engagement.
The Technical Business Analyst will be expert in benchmarking and market testing and will be accountable for the development and delivery of the financial and commercial strategy that achieves service improvements, limits cost and grows revenue.
This role will require significant experience in delivering a benchmarking and market testing strategy, an ability to evaluate the business environment and introduce effective, efficient and cost-saving processes to deliver improvements in quality of service. Evidence of working with complex statistical, financial and performance information, defining coherent baseline positions to inform budget modelling is essential.
· Responsible for provision of expertise in benchmarking as part of the Intelligent Client ethos, preparing and delivering a Benchmarking and Market Testing strategy, which drives improvement and innovation
· Deliver financial savings to meet the Council's Medium Term Resource Strategy (MTRS)
· Work collaboratively with stakeholders to build compelling cost/benefit propositions for business cases, understanding complex, interdependent and wide-ranging business requirements of delivering quality public services.
· Responsible for identifying and implementing business efficiencies to drive service improvements and secure the MTRS.
· Horizon scan for exemplars and case studies of efficient highways delivery practice, with the ability to increase revenue drive change and deliver a financially sustainable service.
· Deliver strong budgetary control and financial management.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Educated to degree level or appropriate professional qualification, or equivalent professional experience.
· Evidence of continuing professional development, and knowledge in relevant professional area
· Experience of highways services is highly desirable with an ability to analyse and suggest mitigation consistent with the contract strategy.
· Builds collaborative working relationships to aid effective negotiation and dispute resolution.
· Evidence of working with complex statistical, financial and performance information, defining coherent baseline positions to inform budget modelling.
· Strong commercial skills with an ability to identify and maximise benefits from commercial opportunities.
· Experience of driving and delivering sustainable change within a large complex organisation, to embed a climate of continuous improvement.
· Significant experience in delivering a benchmarking and market testing strategy, evaluating the business environment and introducing effective, efficient and cost-saving processes to deliver improvements in quality of service.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888 Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.