Surveyor – Planned Works
The iconic Dover castle, the spectacular White Cliffs country, Sandwich - perhaps the most complete medieval market town in Britain - and the flourishing seaside resort of Deal, all surrounded by the garden of England, are just some of the great reasons for you to choose Dover.
Dover has a housing stock of 4300 which since 1st October 2020 are now being managed by Dover District Council. We are looking to recruit a dynamic and skilled individual who share our commitment to delivering excellence across the housing sector. Housing matters. You can help make the difference.
Working within the Assets & Building Control department and reporting directly to the Principal Planned Works Officer. The successful applicants will be working within a team who will be delivering an ambitious capital works programme to include external decorations, re-roofing, uPVC window installations, structural repairs and kitchen and bathroom replacements to name but a few. Successful applicants will be responsible for procuring housing maintenance and refurbishment contracts, project management, quality control, contract administration and contract financial control. The role will also include managing external consultants as well as diagnosing and advising on appropriate remedial works for building defects as well as collating and interpreting stock condition data to produce accurate planned maintenance and compliance works programmes.
You will also be required to carry out work in support of the Response Repairs and compliance team.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of project management and procuring maintenance and improvement contracts.
- A good knowledge of building defects to include good diagnostic investigatory report writing skills.
- Working with the public, delivering maintenance programmes on multiple housing projects
- Sound understanding of construction related legislation.
- Experience of working in the public sector (desirable)
- Working within a team of technical and non-technical staff
What do we offer?
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible working hours
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care package
What are you waiting for?
The closing date for applications is the 22nd June 2021. Date of interviews to be confirmed.
The application forms and job profiles are on the Dover District Council web site https://www.dover.gov.uk/Job-Vacancies/Home.aspx