An exciting opportunity for an experienced accountant to work in our People Directorate Finance Team, which covers support for Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education. We are a client focused team providing a financial advice and accountancy service to a directorate undergoing significant transformational change.
2 Year Fixed Term Contract
You will have experience of working in local authority finance, preferably within adult services, children’s services or education, although this is not essential.
You will be experienced in budget setting and monitoring, preparation of accounts, financial modelling, options appraisal and the methods of providing the financial information needed to enable service managers to make informed decisions. You will be working with budget holders who will expect a flexible and supportive approach in a devolved financial management environment.
Ideally candidates for the post will:
- hold a CCAB accountancy qualification (e.g. CIPFA);
- have very strong working knowledge of computer systems, especially Excel spreadsheets;
- have strong inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate effectively;
- have the ability to work to tight deadlines as an individual and as part of a team.
- be able to work on their own initiative without supervision, setting and meeting their own work targets and the targets of others
The Council is highly committed to investing in the talent and wellbeing of our staff and can offer a generous annual leave allowance, access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, comprehensive Health & Wellbeing initiatives and a reward package which recognises your contribution. We can offer flexible working practices, community engagement and volunteer activities and, as part of our commitment to you, promote continuous Learning & Development. In addition we also offer a growing range of discounts, rewards and savings.
For further details please contact Steve Tait Finance Manager: Adult Social Care 01904 554065 email@example.com or Richard Hartle, Head of Finance: Adults, Children & Education on 01904554225 firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 27 June 2021 at 12 midnight
Interview date: Week Commencing Monday 5 July 2021
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Accountant £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in York
- Administration Accountant £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in York
- Finance Accountant £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in York
- Health and Social Care Accountant £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in York
- Health Accountant £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in York