Income Recovery Officer x3
Sandwell Council is investing in its Income Management Service, creating a highly efficient and professional service and placing itself in a strong position to meet the challenges and demands of maximising income collection at every opportunity.
The Service is responsible for managing, monitoring and recovering arrears of rent and other housing related charges from current and former tenants. A key objective is to combine the effective recovery of arrears with the provision of high quality customer focused early help, advice and support. You will be a key player in ensuring prompt and effective early action is taken to control and recover outstanding arrears to eviction stage.
We have a vacancy for the position of Income Recovery Officer and are interested to hear from applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent negotiation and persuasive skills
- Ability to take a proactive casework approach to recovering debt
- A performance driven work ethos
- A desire to help customers to sustain their tenancies
- Ability to work in a highly busy and challenging environment
- Highly organised and understand the importance of attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative when supporting vulnerable customers and dealing with complex arrears cases
- Assisting customers with Universal Credit related enquiries
You must have:
- Literacy Level 2 qualification or equivalent as a minimum.
- Numeracy level 2 qualification or equivalent OR be willing to obtain within 12 months of commencement of the post.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Interviews will be held on Monday 5th July 2021 and Tuesday 6th July 2021.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week (preferred position of working from home).
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org