HR Business Partner NYHR
HR Business Partner NYHR
Salary: £39,880 - £43,857
Location: Remote working, with base at County Hall, Northallerton
The world of Education is a rapidly changing environment presenting challenge and opportunity: we are proud to be an award winning, responsive and solution focussed service providing a high standard of professional HR Advisory support to over 400 educational settings. As a 100% traded service, we rely on each and every member of our team to have a highly commercial and professional approach. Our customers include maintained schools, Academies, Independent Schools and Early Year settings both within and beyond North Yorkshire’s boundaries and we are continuing to successfully grow our customer base beyond North Yorkshire’s boundaries thanks to our excellent team.
As a result of our success, we are looking to expand our team and have fantastic opportunities for aspiring and experienced commercially minded HR professionals either now or potentially in the very near future.
What you will be doing…
This role is varied, challenging and rewarding; you will deal with a complex employee relations caseload with day to day supervision of an HR Adviser and responsibility for advising clients on sensitive / high profile casework including safeguarding cases, complex grievance, restructures and disciplinaries. You will also act as Independent Investigatory officer yourself on occasion where the Service is commissioned to act in this capacity.
Educational settings can, at times be complex; no two clients are the same and this requires a very adaptive and inquisitive approach to really understand the needs. Tailored work with clients can range from supporting them with organisational development type matters through to advising and supporting on setting up local arrangements for negotiation. We deliver a flexible Service Level Agreement and so are highly responsive to the clients’ needs, whatever they may be. This makes for a challenging but hugely interesting and rewarding job built on fantastic relationships.
You will also have lead responsibility for strategic targets within our service plan and contribute to policy development, leading on consultation with union colleagues as appropriate.
This is a highly autonomous role requiring a high level of resilience and ability to manage competing demands and we are searching for a true team player who can further build on our commercial success.
What you will bring…
As the HR Business Partner, you will need to be articulate, confident and resilient with exceptional influencing skills. You will lead by example, with enthusiasm and ambition and with a keen customer focus. You will also:
- Have demonstrable success as a HR Business Partner or within a Senior HR Manager role, have a breadth and depth of generalist HR experience with evidence of high profile cases;
- Be innovative and forward thinking, with a keen eye for detail to help drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbally and written;
- Proven and effective experience in supporting change management programmes, and a commitment to the performance management culture with the ability to set high standards, deliver objectives and challenge, influence and negotiate with managers appropriately;
- Have significant experience of working within a large, complex organisation, in private or public sector
- Have a commercially minded approach;
- An ability to adapt your style and approach to the needs of very different customers and organisational cultures building good relationships and trust with our valued clients.
- Flexibility and a great team spirit always willing to help and support colleagues as well as benefit from the support of the team.
- Be a chartered member of the CIPD (or equivalent) with an excellent understanding of employment legislation.
What you will get in return…
We want you to work to live not live to work, we want you to enjoy the things in life that really matter to you and this is important to us. We can offer you a range of employee benefits including a competitive salary, generous leave entitlement, flexible working hours, a government pension scheme and access to our ‘Everybody Benefits’ package which includes a variety of retail discounts.
You can also expect to receive ongoing support throughout your role and to be part of a friendly and dedicated team. We have a ‘buddy’ system and HRBPs have regular informal get togethers to share and improve knowledge. Although you will need to attend County Hall on a fairly regular basis, you will be fully enabled through mobile kit and encouraged by management to work in a highly agile way at locations across the County, including home and you will manage your own diary accordingly
If this sounds like the opportunity for you we’d love to hear from you…
Please visit our designated campaign site for videos and more details about our service https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/hr-opportunities
For an informal discussion, contact Principal Advisors Mairi Reed Mairi.Reed@northyorks.gov.ukor Julie Boucher Julie.Boucher@northyorks.gov.ukon.
Closing date: Sunday 4th July
Interview date: Week commencing 19th July