HR Business Partner – Children’s and Young People’s Services (CYPS)
Salary: £39,880 - £43,857
Contract type: Established, with Full time and part time hours available
Location: Currently Remote working, with base at County Hall, Northallerton
North Yorkshire County Council has a reputation for delivering high quality services and our HR service is no exception. We are extremely proud to have an experienced, trustworthy and professional HR service with a reputation of excellence. In addition to our internal customers, we increasingly deliver HR solutions to an increasing range of public and private sector clients on a traded basis. As a large and complex organisation we have a diverse range of issues and work hard to deliver effective and efficient HR services.
Our organisation is undergoing transformational change with a strong focus on developing our culture aligned with the Council’s strategic priorities to deliver the wider transformation agenda.
What you will be doing…
This role is varied, challenging and rewarding you will work closely with senior managers, supporting the continuous review, shaping and focus of HR/OD programmes and initiatives that will achieve delivery of objectives and priorities within services and across the wider organisation.
You will work with all levels of staff across the Council, collaborating with colleagues in order to develop and influence an HR/OD agenda that closely supports the overall aims of the Council.
You will be involved in delivering significant strands of the Council’s organisational development agenda with a focus on cultural change, as well as giving high level and responsive HR advice, including complex restructures. This is a highly autonomous role and we are searching for someone who can further build on our reputation of excellence.
What you will bring…
As the HR Business Partner, you will need to be articulate, confident and resilient with exceptional influencing skills. You will lead by example, with enthusiasm and ambition and with a keen customer focus. You will also:
- Have demonstrable success as a HR Business Partner or within a Senior HR Manager role, have a breadth and depth of generalist HR experience with evidence of high profile cases;
- We would also consider Senior HR Advisers looking for the next step in their career
- Be innovative and forward thinking, with a keen eye for detail to help drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbally and written;
- Proven and effective experience in supporting change management programmes, and a commitment to the performance management culture with the ability to set high standards, deliver objectives and challenge, influence and negotiate with managers appropriately;
- Have a commercially minded approach; and
- Be a chartered member of the CIPD (or equivalent) with an excellent understanding of employment legislation.
Ideally you will have experience in Public Sector HR but all applications will be considered.
What you will get in return…
We want you to work to live not live to work, we want you to enjoy the things in life that really matter to you and this is important to us. We can offer you a range of employee benefits including a competitive salary, generous leave entitlement, flexible working hours, a government pension scheme and access to our ‘Everybody Benefits’ package which includes a variety of retail discounts.
You can also expect to receive ongoing support throughout your role and to be part of a friendly and dedicated team.
As a council we are lucky to benefit from access to modern technology which has enabled us to work from home during the Covid-19 pandemic. This post comes at no exception and the successful candidate will be fully enabled to work from home, with their base location being County Hall, Northallerton. In the near future, you will be required to attend County Hall on an ad-hoc basis for key team meetings.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you we’d love to hear from you…
Contact and apply
To arrange an informal discussion, please email: Penny.Yeadon@northyorks.gov.uk
Closing date: 4th July
Interview date: week commencing 19th July
More searches like this
- Corporate Services £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Human Resources £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Health and Social Care £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Health £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Children's Services £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton