Senior Organisation Design Consultant
Essex County Council is one of the county's largest employers, with over 7,500 staff who are responsible for services across adults and children's social care, environment and waste, transport, education, planning and benefits. This role will support the front line of local service delivery across a diverse range of public services.
If you are an experienced Organisation Design practitioner, we want to hear from you.
- Deliver complex organisation designs in line with the ECC methodology
- Analyse complex problems and deliver insightful, practical, and sustainable solutions
- Deliver detail design work and analysis of current and future designs
- Proactively build trusted relationships with stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of the organisational design practice in ECC
- Provide credible analysis, insights, and recommendations on organisational size and shape opportunities
- Provide authoritative recommendations on organisational design outcomes
Skills, attributes, and experience
- Operating Model and Business Architecture Design - concept of operations, blueprint design, functional and capability models
- Organisational Design - organisational assessment, organisational structure & design, organisational governance, role development
- Organisational Change Management - change vision, business engagement, culture optimisation/behaviour change, business readiness or business adoption
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- Proven track record of delivering on complex, high profile organisation designs in the public sector
- Proven experience of delivering quality outcomes
- Proven experience of Organisational Design and implementation in a large and complex environment
- Strong experience of organisational assessment, detailed design and analysis, organisational structure & design
- Proven experience of working on Organisation Design programmes / projects in a large and complex environment
- Experience of delivering large-scale transformation programmes
- Outstanding personal success in current job with experience in one or more of our range of services
Benefits of working for us
This is a great role in a vibrant and growing team. You'll find an inclusive culture and a place where your opinion is valued. You can find out more about us and the work we do on our Service Transformation blog.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Just email .
Please apply via the Working for Essex website. We'd also like to hear about you so please include a cover letter when prompted. Your cover letter should present demonstrable experience of all the competencies listed under "Skills, attributes and experience". Please try to use real examples and tell us what the situation was, what you did and what the result was.
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will not apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will not be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/workinghere/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email or contact the Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.