Permanent, Full Time
Closing Date: 20th June 2021
Essex County Council has an ambitious programme of transformation to revolutionise the provision of IT use within the authority. In 2020 we quickly rolled out the latest cloud technology to support new ways of working during COVID, and continuing on that success, our ambition is to be infrastructure free by November 2022. We have an extensive cloud modernisation programme underway to deliver this through migration of services to Microsoft Azure.
We are looking to recruit passionate and experienced IT Professionals to assist in the design and delivery of Technology Services enabling us to deliver outstanding outcomes and experiences enabled by modern, connected technology.
What's in it for you
- Make an impact on the lives of residents in Essex.
- Be a part of a new forward-thinking Technology Services Team in local government.
- Engage directly with customers, suppliers and stakeholders to design and deliver meaningful, measurable technology change.
- An excellent benefits package https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The kind of experience you might bring :
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by extensive experience.
- Accredited TOGAF 9.1 or 9.2
- Able to demonstrate strong experience in a Solutions Architecture Role preferably working within a large Local Authority or with a private sector organisation providing Public Sector Services.
- Demonstrate a track record of successfully working within effective teams delivering Business Solutions that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use in the design of technical and business solutions.
- The Solutions Architect must comply with the ECC defined SFIA (Skills Framework for the Information Age) requirements for this type of role.
Apply and next steps
To apply, please submit your CV and a Supporting Statement via the Working for Essex website. In order for us to gauge suitability and fit please include your salary aspirations for this role on your application.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.