Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £23,703 per annum
Please note this is a Fixed Term Contract for a period of 18 Months.
The Placement Coordinator will source and arrange the most cost effective Placements, Support Services and Support Packages that deliver the specified requirements to Adults at best value to Essex County Council (ECC).
The role requires the ability to work in a high pressured environment, and have an understanding the care market, relevant contracts and the needs of the Adult and carers.
Some of the other duties include:
- Responsible for sourcing placements for Adults, in line with current ECC purchasing procedures and contractual arrangements, to ensure the efficient use of pre-contracted and approved providers.
- Maintain a current understanding of the care market, including capacity issues, providing the necessary information and evidence to enable Commercial colleagues to maintain market intelligence and inform development.
- Identify and respond to urgent or critical situations referred by Operational Teams by liaising with providers, professionals and the adult/their representative/s to find a solution appropriate to the needs of the adult. Negotiate 'Best Value' spot purchases for support where the need cannot be met through existing framework/block contracts.
- Work collaboratively with operational teams to support requests to meet the adult's needs within the market environment.
- Support the Placement Team Managers to develop and maintain successful working relationships with internal and external partners, to investigate and respond to complaints and enquiries, and the design and implementation of new systems and processes, in line with the ECC digital agenda.
- Provide a specialised brokerage service to adults and their families both for self-funders and those adults referred for local community services, to meet Good Lives outcomes.
To apply, you'll need to be educated to RQF level 3 (A level) or working towards an NVQ 3 in Customer Care or equivalent by experience.
Other skills include:
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Experience of working within a complex business environment, with knowledge and understanding of contracts is desirable.
- Detailed knowledge and working experience of IT systems including Microsoft Word and Excel and database systems.
This role has a rolling rota to cover core working hours - Monday-Friday, 09:00-18:30 and Saturday, 09:00-17:00 - 37 hours per week.
Apply now at www.workingforessex.com
If you have any questions about the role, or working with us, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/