Information Governance Lead
Information Governance Lead
Salary: £41,881 - £45,859
Hours: 36.25 hours per week
Contract: Fixed Term – 21 months
Location: Tootle Building, Oxford Street, Manchester M1 6EU
Closing date is 4th July 2021 at 23:59
We are recruiting for Information Governance professionals who will be ambassadors of information governance excellence within the Greater Manchester Combined Authority and across the Greater Manchester region.
The role of Information Governance Lead within the GMCA is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual who will embody the vision of our team. Through your work in providing expert information management advice, you will help to shape the various projects taking place within the GMCA and you will ensure that the information governance policies and procedures are executed on a day to day basis.
You will be a part of a multi-disciplinary information governance team and reporting into the Senior Information Governance Lead, you will help this role holder to execute the vision for the information governance service within the GMCA.
- Have significant experience in delivering information governance in a public sector setting
- Have experience of supporting an organisation in the effective use of data protection impact assessments and in creating information sharing agreements
- Have an understanding of the political context in which the GMCA operates and the opportunities and challenges this presents
- Be a highly motived individual who can work autonomously and within a team
- Want to contribute to the evolution and development of the team, bringing your own ideas and enthusiasm to the role
- Be an excellent communicator who can engage well with stakeholders, getting their buy in and forming effective working relationships
- You will have experience of conflict resolution and be able to have challenging conversations, guiding them to a satisfactory resolution
As an employer, the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) is made up of a number of key Greater Manchester strategic functions and service providers including; Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS); Waste and Recourses; Environment; Work and Skills; Research; Public Sector Reform; Police, Crime and Criminal Justice; Homelessness; the Greater Manchester Ageing Hub and the Commissioning Hub.
We value the diversity of our employees, and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects our diverse communities across Greater Manchester. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals, irrespective of people's age, disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstances. We have guidance in place to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and consistently at every stage of the recruitment process, including the consideration of reasonable adjustments for people who have a disability.
The GMCA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation
To find out more about working for us please click here: https://www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/
In return for your hard work, we offer our employees a competitive package as part of our offer, which includes:
- Flexible working conditions with the ability to accrue 2 flexi days every 4 weeks (up to grade 11)
- Family friendly policies including parental leave (maternity, shared parental, adoption, maternity support)
- Ability to buy additional annual leave
- Generous Annual leave scheme - 25 days + Bank Holidays per annum upon starting, after 5 years service increase to 30 days + BH and after 10 years service increase to 32 days +BH.
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employer investment in training and development, and professional sponsorship including CPD
- Corporate travel loans
- Cycle scheme
- Discount scheme (MiRewards) on local and national high street brands
- Health and wellbeing offer - Occupational Health and Employee Assistance programme
- Modern city centre offices (role specific)
- Sports and welfare club
- Commitment to diversity and inclusivity with 4 active staff networks for; LGBTA, BAME, Disability and Women.
Please also note, due to COVID-19 and the social distancing guidance, all interviews will be taking place virtually on Microsoft Teams or Skype. If successful on application, the hiring manager will be in contact so that you can both test the technology before the interview.
Employees on the redeployment register will be given priority for any vacancies in the first instance. If employees are identified as a match from the register then the vacancy may be withdrawn or put on hold pending an outcome.