Head of Care Management (Hospitals & Finance)
Baltimore Consulting are excited to be working in exclusive partnership with East Sussex County Council as we seek to appoint their new Head of Care Management for Hospitals & Finance within their Adult Social Care Directorate.
East Sussex is a wonderful place to live and work, boasting a vibrant coastline, unspoilt beautiful countryside and good connections to London and beyond from Newhaven and nearby Gatwick Airport. As part of the Sussex Health & Care Partnership, East Sussex County Council are proud to be part of joint work partnerships with NHS Health colleagues as they look to deliver their joint commitments to better the lives of those that live in the county as part of the national NHS Long Term plan.
2021 provides a unique opportunity for a new Head of Service to lead a team of knowledgeable and dedicated individuals, who are passionate in supporting those in need of social care services. Reporting into the Assistant Director of Adult Services, this position will help deliver first class social care services as part of an established, innovative and supportive leadership team who put adults at the heart of everything they do.
Your key responsibilities as Head of Care Management include:
- Responsible for the operational and strategic leadership of the service.
- Responsible for continuing to build strong and productive relationships with all Health Services and other partners, representing East Sussex County Council at strategic system meetings.
- Be the lead on statutory adult social care responsibilities for acute and community hospitals services. This includes advising on all issues relating to the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and Adult Safeguarding. This may also include queries for all ASC services relating to hospital discharge that may not be directly managed by this post.
- Representative on local A&E Delivery Boards and forums associated with hospitals discharges. This will include Combine Urgent Care Operational Resilience Group, Winter Delivery team, NHSE winter debriefing workshops across the system.
- You will also be a member of the Sussex Health & Care Partnership Operational Executive.
- As part of the adult finance function, you will hold management responsibility for the Operations Manager for finance whose team covers Finance & Benefit Assessment, Protection of Property, Direct Payments and Revenue Recovery.
- Be a member of the ASC Continuing Healthcare Board
The panel are looking for an individual with strong leadership skills who promotes teamwork and holds a high level of integrity.
As the Head of Care Management, you will be:
- Passionate about helping people to develop themselves, having the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Have a strong working knowledge of relevant social care legislation and care pathways.
- Be an approachable and proven leader.
- The ability to apply critical think to social care system design.
- The ability to champion outcomes for the residents of East Sussex.
- Have experience of managing sizeable budgets and delivering service improvements.
Initial competency interviews will be hosted by Baltimore with candidate shortlisting to take place with the council at the end of July. Candidates who are shortlisted will be invited for formal interview with the council at the beginning of August, with an anticipated start date of late Autumn 2021.
The closing date for this post is Sunday the 18th of July 2021.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this role, please apply on line or email your updated CV to email@example.com
or call James Withington (Senior Consultant on this campaign) on 0117 313 7110.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Lewes
- Corporate Management Team Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Lewes
- Finance Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Lewes
- Health and Social Care Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Lewes
- Health Head of Service £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Lewes