Programme Data Analyst
Programme Data Analyst
Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £38,062 per annum
Closing Date: 6th July 2021
Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract.
The Superfast Essex programme is run by Essex County Council (ECC) as part of a national initiative to make the UK one of the best-connected countries in the world. ECC is working with Government departments, other Essex local councils and public sector organisations as well as with private sector partners to expand fast internet connectivity across the Greater Essex geography.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Data Analyst with SQL and Excel skills and knowledge of or a willingness and aptitude to learn QGIS within a very nurturing environment. You will integrate and interrogate contractual information relating to the delivery of broadband infrastructure from private sector partners to support the operational management of the Superfast Essex programme.
The Data Analyst will work collaboratively with the Superfast Essex team and its stakeholders and benefit from a flexible working environment. The role is currently working from home full time, with home working to be retained most of the time following the future lifting of Covid restrictions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Conduct detailed data analysis and geospatial validation of private sector delivery partners' broadband infrastructure plans.
- Extract, Transform, and Load information from various sources into SQL.
- Respond to ad-hoc queries, data and mapping requests from team members or the programme's broad range of stakeholders.
- Provide data analysis to support the completion of programme documentation and reports.
- Maintain business intelligence SSRS reporting, identifying key metrics for reporting to senior stakeholders and leadership teams.
- Option to proactively develop and propose new business intelligence reporting tools.
- Liaise with the Programme Manager and Finance to ensure that the programme's capital budget and payments to suppliers are effectively managed.
- Monitor the Programme's financial position against its operational budget, reconcile reports against outturn targets and authorise programme expenditure.
- Attend ad-hoc community engagement events to engage directly with the public to promote the programme. This will involve infrequent evening and weekend working.
- Perform independent reviews of documentation created by team members to ensure project standards are maintained.
- Any other duties as required by the Programme Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to diploma/degree level or equivalent by experience, plus evidence of continuous professional development
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- A good level of experience of SQL query writing and stored procedures
- A good level of experience of ETL processes (Extract, Transform, & Load)
- Preferred: Use of QGIS (or similar) for geospatial analysis and visualisation
- Intermediate or higher level knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Word, as well as online collaboration and data-sharing platforms, e.g. Teams, Google Drive
- Ability to work effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders, securing agreement to joint courses of action and respecting the differing interests of other agencies
- Willingness and ability to learn new technical skills as required by the programme
- Computing equipment provided, but reliable continuous access to superfast (30Mbps+) broadband required for remote working
- Preferred full driving licence and access to a car
- Available to work infrequent weekends and evenings by prior arrangement
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.