IT Apprenticeship Tutor
IT Apprenticeship Tutor
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £26,801 per annum
Closing Date: 08/07/2021
This role is part of Adult Community Learning (ACL), the largest provider of adult learning in Essex, offering a wide range of courses and qualifications.
ACL are seeking to recruit a IT Apprenticeship Tutor to plan and successfully deliver the IT Solutions Technician apprenticeship core standards and one or more of the options; hardware and/or software. (https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/it-solutions-technician-v1-0 )
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression
- Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following ACL safeguarding procedures
- Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use
- Address the mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning
- Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge
- Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement
- Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills
- Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others
- To initially assess learners' starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners.
- To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Industry experience and related qualifications in IT support and/or maintenance roles
- A keen interest in education and a passion to train, assess and coach apprentices in their digital careers
- Recognised teaching/training qualification would be desirable, but not essential.
- Minimum Level 3 Maths and shown good ICT skills.
- Experience of teaching and learning in the Adult Education sector
- Experience of supporting individuals to achieve accreditation and have a good knowledge of RARPA processes.
- Excellent communication skills, working as a team and working on own initiative
- Competent in the use of technology to facilitate learning and data reporting
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/