Permanent, Part Time
Up to £26,801 per annum (Full Time Equivalent)
Closing Date: 08/07/2021
Please note this is a part time, term time position. The expectation is the successful applicant will begin teaching as of September.
The working 18.5 hours per week. Working hours will be discussed further at interview.
This role is part of Adult Community Learning (ACL), the largest provider of adult learning in Essex, offering a wide range of courses and qualifications.
ACL are seeking to recruit a Science Tutor to plan and deliver classroom based sessions on our Access to HE Diploma - Science. We would also like you to contribute to the delivery of short courses and taster sessions for learners who have a general interest in the sciences.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression
- Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following
- ACL safeguarding procedures
- Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use
- Address the mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning
- Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge
- Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement
- Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills
- Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others
- To initially assess learners' starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners
- To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A teaching qualification or previous experience plus;
- PTLS/DTLLS/PGCE or subject specialism equivalent
- Minimum Level 3 Maths and shown good ICT skills
- Experience of teaching and learning in the Adult Education sector
- Experience of supporting individuals to achieve accreditation and have a good knowledge of RARPA processes
- Excellent communication skills, working as a team and working on own initiative
- Competent in the use of technology to facilitate learning and data reporting
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/