D-DRT Operations Manager
D-DRT Operations Manager
Fixed Term, Full Time
Up to £34,016 per annum
Closing Date: 09/07/2021
Fixed Term Contract (2 years)
This position requires flexible working arrangements, managing services that operate 7 days a week, with office, on-site and home working involved, based on needs of the service.
The home based work will continue for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being more office based, whilst retaining flexible working options in line with Essex County Council mobile flexible working policy.
Essex County Council has been awarded £2.5million from the Department for Transport to deliver two, Digital Demand Responsive Transport (D-DRT) schemes. The two schemes have the potential to transform the local transport offer, piloting a passenger-focussed form of public transport, characterised by flexibility and the use of shared, electric minibuses.
The D-DRT Service Manager will fulfil a vital role in the ultimate success of both high-profile schemes. They will manage and lead a team of drivers and be responsible for the transportation of passengers; ensuring the service operates smoothly 24/7 and managed appropriately according to passenger needs.
The role will also be responsible for the operation and management of the digital platform to deliver a quality experience to residents. Furthermore, the role will manage all day-to-day aspects of delivering a transport service, whilst also contributing towards the development of the service, with a goal to achieve commercial viability by the end of the pilot.
This is a proactive role, using strategic thinking, planning and data for the service, to suggest innovative ideas and new ways to develop the schemes, thus ensuring the D-DRT delivers a high-quality service.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for ensuring all work undertaken meets the legislative requirements under which the D-DRT scheme operates (e.g. Section 22 licencing, drivers' hours requirements)
- Line manage 15 to 20 drivers, coaching and mentoring them in the use of new digital technology and driving practises relevant to electric minibuses
- Develop and deliver local partnerships and innovations that contribute towards both schemes becoming commercially viable by the end of the pilot
- Responsible for setting and managing drivers' rosters and shift patterns according to relevant legislation
- Responsible for ensuring that the delivery of the D-DRT service is cost-effective; maximising the use of the new electric minibus fleet and displaying value for money
- Responsible for managing the provision of the D-DRT service in order to ensure specific passenger needs are met
- Responsible for ensuring records are kept accurately with regards to operational data and budgetary information; and produce weekly reports for the Operations Board with this data
- Responsible for ensuring records are kept for all Local Bus work undertaken and providing relevant data to external transport consultants and internal teams (e.g. concessionary fares)
- Assisting with the processing of invoices and raising orders in accordance with financial regulations
- Responsible for delivering a high-level of customer service, ensuring customer complaints are brought to a satisfactory conclusion or escalated to a senior level where appropriate
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives will be defined annually within the performance management framework
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area (CPC Transport Manager qualification desirable)
- Demonstrable experience and skills in contract management and transport service delivery
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of fleet management, including Electric Vehicles
- Excellent IT skills, with ability to find 'digital-first' solutions to technical issues and delivering continuous improvement
- Ability to operate in a busy environment, under pressure, with varied hours of operation (early mornings, late evenings, weekends)
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888 Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.