Senior Commissioning Officer
Senior Commissioning Officer
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £35,027 per annum
Closing date: 11th July 2021
Commissioning activity is a key capability function within ECC, to work across the Council to deliver results and bring about significant change to manage future challenges, leveraging expertise and capability to enable a more flexible and agile environment to succeed in meeting ECC strategic objectives.
Working closely with the Commissioning Manager, this role is focused on providing support, insight and capacity to Heads of Strategic Commissioning and Policy within Adults and Children and Families, to enable the collaborative delivery of outcomes for citizens, using relevant and specific subject matter expertise.
With a range of experience across programme delivery, stakeholder management and business processes, this role will be responsible for the effective delivery of commissioning activity, working collaboratively across the wider Council with stakeholders and external partners to deliver a more flexible and agile approach to delivering outcomes.
- Work with Commissioning Managers and Heads of Strategic Commissioning and Policy, to provide commissioning capability and capacity within the Adult and Children and Families Strategic Commissioning and Policy Teams and work with teams from across the Council and with partners, for specific programmed pieces of commissioning activity to deliver improved outcomes for citizens.
- Be responsible for engaging with partners, providers and the citizens of Essex to gather information and insight to inform current and future programme developments and ensure these are incorporated into potential solutions and consider digital options in this context.
- Provide subject matter expert advice and guidance as required for thematic programmes and projects to ensure exemplary outcomes.
- Be responsible for supporting managers to ensure that specific priorities are planned with an ability to deliver, based on capacity and capability to ensure outcomes and policies meet agreed service levels.
- Support specific commissioning programmes and activities that drive further continuous improvement to ensure high performing, sustainable and cost effective services or place shaping activities.
- Collaboratively co-design solutions, drawing on good data and insight, expertise methods and approaches.
- Innovatively respond to new challenges and opportunities ensuring that risks are mitigated and managed, meeting all compliance with internal regulation.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Skills and Knowledge
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant business, process or professional area.
- Knowledge and experience of the commissioning cycle together with experience in using a project methodology approach.
- Evidence of engaging local communities and citizens and incorporating such insights and intelligence into plans.
- Proven ability of developing a learning culture based on best practice.
- Experience of working within a political and complex environment, working effectively with a range of stakeholder and partner agencies at all levels.
- Pro-active and innovative with a proven track record of delivery within timescales.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.