Essex County Council are currently recruiting individuals with a passion for customer service to join our Customer Service Centre in Colchester.
We are an inbound contact centre, providing a first point of contact for Essex County Council and aim to provide a prompt and efficient response to queries on numerous council services.
Working as part of a team, you will deliver an effective and efficient telephone service to customers of Essex County Council, promoting a positive image through email, telephone, , social media ensuring excellent customer service is provided, in a timely and concise manner.
You will ensure that customers' enquiries are understood and resolved promptly by phone and email against defined criteria to communicate outcomes.
You will consistently and accurately work within customer processes and, where appropriate, challenge and suggest areas of potential improvement that impact on the customer.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience of providing customer service across a large organisation
* Well-developed working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Teams
* A strong telephone manner with the ability to communicate well orally and in writing
* Good typing skills with the ability to work at speed and to criteria accurately.
* Ability to communicate, both verbal and written, in a manner which is easily understood.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and other professionals
* An empathetic and resilient approach to work
* A willingness to learn and gain knowledge
* Experience of receiving calls from the general public or working in a Public Sector customer service role would be advantageous
What we offer in return
We offer guidance, support and regular training to help you develop your skills and knowledge in order to become a multi-skilled Customer Specialist who is capable of handling enquiries on a wide range of subjects.
We encourage committed individuals to grow, with the opportunity for progression and promotion within the Council.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.