Shared Lives Officer
Shared Lives Officer
Permanent, Full Time
From £27,203 to £31,370
The Shared Lives service is a key component of Essex County Councils strategy to provide good quality accommodation option for adults with support needs. The Shared Lives service provides the opportunity for people with care and support needs to move in with, or regularly visit, an approved Shared Lives Carer.
Your role as Shared Lives Officer is critical for the functioning of the Shared Lives services, working flexibly to cover the operational needs of the service. You will be the first point of contact for carers, from the on-boarding process that you will manage to monitoring ongoing performance to ensure carers operate at a high quality level. You will ensure that the people we support are treated with respect and dignity and are included in the decision where appropriate.
You will support in the culture change of key stakeholders in considering Shared Lives as a positive and appropriate form of support and working collaboratively across different areas of Essex County Council and with external stakeholders to grow and develop the Shared Lives Service.
Some of the other duties include:
- Responsible for co-ordinating the Shared Lives on-boarding process, including the setup of carer payments
- Manage a case load of Shared Lives carers in a supportive way to ensure that the support they provide is of high quality and is delivered according to the policies and vision of the ECC Shared Lives Service, CQC regulations and the ethos of Building the Right Support.
- Ensuring that adults who live with or are supported by Shared Lives carers are included in identifying their goals to enable them to achieve meaningful outcomes whilst being proactive in identifying and monitoring risks, reviewing support plans and experience a happy home life.
- Working in partnership with carers and adults on any issues or concerns that arise in the Shared Lives service, which may include pay queries. You will be the first point of contact for carers and ensuring that any issues are dealt with quickly
To apply, you'll need to be educated to Diploma level 3 or equivalent level by experience. A willingness to complete the Diploma level 4 within 24 months of starting the role.
Other skills include:
- Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Experience or willingness to complete Train the Trainer programme & delivering training on behalf of the service.
- Experience and knowledge of delivery of support within a care setting.
- Excellent communication skills and behaviours with the ability to motivate a diverse range of carers to achieve the Shared Lives service objectives.
- Considerable experience of person-centred practice.
- This role requires a full driving license and access to a vehicle.
This role has a rolling rota to cover core working hours - Monday-Friday, 09:00-18:30 and may require occasional Saturday, 09:00-17:00 - 37 hours per week.
Apply now at www.workingforessex.com
If you have any questions about the role, or working with us, please contact our Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/