Business Marketing Officer (Enterprise and Business Growth Team)
Business Marketing Officer requirement has arisen for Richmond and Wandsworth Council within the Enterprise and Business Growth Team. The primary purpose is to lead on the successful marketing and promotion of advice services, workshops, events and initiatives which support business start-up, development, growth and networking in the borough, as well as to facilitate and deliver effective and impactful business communications and activities through a range of channels. The Business Marketing officer will report to the Enterprise and Business Communications Manager. The post is based within the Economic Development Office.
The Business Marketing Officer will be required to: develop and lead on traditional and digital marketing strategies to businesses and entrepreneurs in the borough, promote services and initiatives developed by the Enterprise and Business Growth team and work with stakeholders and partners. This is an exciting time to join the team as we gradually move out of lockdown, following the Covid 19 restrictions, when the need for support for local businesses has never been greater.
The post holder will:
- Support delivery of a range of marketing and communications activities
- Manage and develop a strategy for the team’s social media accounts alongside the Enterprise and Business Communications Manager
- Work with external and internal stakeholders including Council colleagues, the corporate communications teams, and external partners to - maintain awareness of activities, inform joint communications activities/ initiatives and respond proactively to emerging issues.
- Provide support for virtual and live business workshops and events
- Establish and report on performance and impact metrics for business marketing and engagement activities.
- Support the day to day operational management for both Councils’ business communications channels and platforms, manage the compilation and distribution of regular business e-newsletters.
You will be an ambitious self-starter, ready to take on the challenge of joining a successful Enterprise and Business Growth Team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong understanding and knowledge of business marketing communications activities.
- Experience of developing and delivering traditional and digital marketing and communications strategies.
- Experience in development and distribution of marketing collateral in print and electronic formats.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, the ability to adapt to audiences and circumstances as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Extensive experience in digital marketing including the use of a range of social media channels to aid business communications.
- Experience of using digital tools and platforms such as: Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Hootsuite, WordPress and Google Analytics.
- An awareness of the requirements for effective business communications and issues faced by SMEs and entrepreneurs.
- Event management experience
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including, working from home and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore. We also offer a generous holiday allowance of 39 paid days (pro rata) including bank holidays and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts with many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: 25th July 2021
Shortlisting Date: 26th - 28th July 2021
Interview Date: 9th & 10th August 2021
For an informal conversation please contact: Jenni Asiama - Enterprise and Business Communication Manager via email Jenni.Asiama@richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk or tel: 02088717807
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. We strongly advise you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please note that the advertised dates for interviews may change due to the current Covid-19 situation. If they do, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Your health and wellbeing is our top priority. Should you become unwell due to Covid-19 during the recruitment process we would very much appreciate receiving an update from you as soon as possible.
We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our teams.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils