Community Engagement Coordinator (Active Essex)
Fixed Term - Till March 2023
Up to £34,017 per annum
Closing Date: 18th July 2021
Please note this is a fixed term contract until March 2023.
The focus of the Essex Local Delivery Pilot (LDP) is on inactive audiences in low socio-economic areas, testing in three local authority areas of Basildon, Colchester and Tendring. The learning from the testing will be shared throughout Essex to develop county-wide whole system change to tackle physical inactivity.
The role covers a diverse range of activities to support the delivery of the LDP, focusing on the Basildon local authority area. The role is responsible for delivering a plan with specific targets that will improve the systems that tackle physical inactivity. The role will establish effective project management processes, initiate and sustain relationships, monitor progress, and manage risks and issues.
Experienced in community engagement and partnership working, this role is key to ensuring a creative and structured approach to tackling physical inactivity.
- Responsible for building strong relationships and working partnerships across a wide range of local stakeholders, who are existing or potential system actors in promoting and increasing physical activity. This will contribute to the successful delivery of the Local Pilot.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation for Basildon and help drive whole system change; continually mapping current provision of relevant physical activity provision across the borough to identify gaps.
- Contribute to the collection of data and insight in order to improve the measurement of physical activity and to the collection of insight about the behaviour of the target audiences.
- Responsible for mapping and managing knowledge of the community assets in the area in order to build productive working relationships and to identify opportunities and innovative solutions for developing physical activity and identifying/providing opportunities for delivery.
- Contribute to the capacity building and training of the voluntary and community sector and develop an understanding of the barriers that inhibit physical activity and supporting work to help lessen them
- Responsible for identifying and promoting new funding opportunities and helping secure partner contributions
- Responsible for promoting and communicating information and good practice about the Local Pilot.
- Work collaboratively with the Basildon system and Active Essex colleagues to tackle inactivity across the Basildon area.
- Responsible for acting as a strong advocate for equality and diversity in sport and physical activity to ensure that equality is embedded in all Active Essex developments.
- To help manage and drive an existing portfolio of innovative projects, programmes and partnerships to help the Local Pilot continue to thrive in the Basildon Borough.
- Working across systems and sectors to hardwire physical activity across the board,
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to A level or equivalent by experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Experience and evidence of involvement in physical activity and community sport.
- Experience and evidence of involvement in community engagement and development.
- Experience of working with a broad range of individuals and stakeholder organisations at different levels.
- Experience of working within a public sector environment.
- Good planning and organising skills with determination to meet deadlines.
- Good relationship management skills, innovative approach in looking for alternative solutions.
- Ability to travel around the Basildon Borough.
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.