Adults Service Manager
Adults Service Manager
Permanent, Full Time
£58,727 - £66,963 per annum
Can we entice you to work in the South Essex locality and sample the delights of working with a well-established team, striving to create the best experiences for its service users?
This is an excellent opportunity to take your career to the next step in a safe environment that does not expect the finished article but a commitment to learning and making a difference.
We're looking to offer the successful applicants the opportunity to gain experience and exposure at Service Manager level.
With us, you can achieve more - for yourself as well as the vulnerable adults you work to support.
About the role
As a Service Manager, you'll be responsible for operational delivery of Adults Social Care in the South Quadrant.
- Providing strategic leadership to ensure delivery of best possible outcomes for vulnerable adults, enabling them to live healthily and independently.
- You will be leading and developing local approaches to integrated working with delivery partners and external agencies.
- You will also be accountable for working within the statutory legal framework, policy, and guidance in line with legislative and organisational standards within the Care Act 2015.
- Hold the responsibility for the delivery of services within the agreed budget.
Our teams in South Essex are primarily based out of our offices in Basildon. South Essex borders the unitary authority of Southend and Thurrock and offers the opportunity to work with health partners within the area. In addition, the area also has good links to London. With a mix of Urban and some rural/ semi-rural locations, the variety and scope of the work you will be able to get involved in is huge.
To apply, you should have recent team manager experience and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards.
- Current registration with Social Work England or HCPC (in relation to Occupational Therapists).
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners and stakeholders, demonstrating breadth of thinking across social care, health, the wider council, and system as a whole.
- Strong leadership and behavioural skills with the ability to focus on results forging a highly performing and motivated team from diverse backgrounds to achieve objectives.
- Proven influencing skills with an ability to pro-actively lead and deliver cultural change to improve quality of service.
- Experience as a Service Manager is welcome, but we also offer the opportunity for development.
What we offer in return
We'll support you to be to your best, with the resources, training and development to empower you. With flexible working options and other lifestyle benefits, we'll enable you to make the most of your life outside work, too.
Please see further information regarding our Adult Social Care team here - https://view.pagetiger.com/ctclujy/1
Apply now or contact
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/