Finance Systems Admin Officer
Finance Systems Admin Officer
Permanent, Full Time
£23,696 to £27,878 per annum
Closing Date: 16/07/2021
The Finance Systems Admin Officer will complete complex processing and manage simple projects of work in relation to system performance and development on the finance systems.
Customer liaison and understanding of business processing will be a key part of the role, ensuring that complex integrity checks and system processes are completed to give a seamless service to our customers.
Delivering expert knowledge and advice, the role requires good attention to deal and understanding of how the team processes impact end users, making recommendations and improvements to enhance the service.
This position will be, in line with current government guidance based from home. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options in line with Essex County Council mobile flexible working policy.
- Responsible for undertaking system & data integrity checks and complex processes to ensure excellent delivery of service to system users.
- Create and review processes and relevant documentation such as training materials and process mapping to enable improvement and clarity in working practices.
- Contributes to finding innovative solutions to issues which could potentially impact or disrupt the customer experience and/or the processing cycle.
- Providing expert knowledge of the systems and business processes to ensure seamless delivery.
- Responsible for conducting testing and acceptance of test scripts in accordance with changes to the system.Ensuring all scripts are deposited within the library.
- Work collaboratively across the team to manage simple project work, assisting with resource planning and comprehension of system activity at specific points within a schedule.
- Input into continuous improvement projects across finance systems to ensure a culture of embracing change, including identifying efficiencies in processing tasks.
- Responsible for the provision of timely, fit for purpose reports for customers, ensuring these meet individual requirements, including contributing to the development of new reports and business intelligence.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to RQF Level 2 (GCSE) in both literacy and numeracy, or equivalent by experience.
- Knowledge of the finance systems and processes and links with other related systems
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Awareness of change and incident management processes.
- Experience in working in a customer facing environment, demonstrating a passion for delivering excellent customer experiences.
- Excellent communication skills - able to explain and adjust communication to a range of audiences; adept at communicating complex challenges in a clear, compelling way.
- Experience in systems testing is desirable.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/