Customer Services Assistant
Customer Services Assistant
Fixed Term, Full Time
£16,642 to £19,579 per annum
Closing Date: 09/07/2021
Fixed Term Contract - 12 Months
This position is currently split between office / centre based and remote working. However, the role will be predominately centre based.
Essex is a diverse county with some of the highest levels of deprivation in the country through to highly affluent communities, which gives us a wide variance in life expectancy and quality. Adult Community Learning (ACL) will deliver exceptional customer experiences, supporting Essex residents to enjoy the benefits of lifelong learning, with the additional objective of developing a financially sustainable operation.
The Customer Assistant will deliver high quality reception duties, providing advice and guidance to adult learners. Maintaining electronic records and processing enrolments and registrations.
The role requires excellent customer service skills, the ability to process income and expenditure and accurate input of data.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Deliver high quality reception duties, to positively promote ACL, by efficiently handling customer enquiries and providing information and advice.
- Positively promote service activities by efficiently handling customer enquiries to provide information and advice.
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing of enrolments and registrations to deliver good customer service in line with defined procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date, secure records on electronic systems, accurately record, monitor and tracking data onto TERMS.
- Adhere to quality assurance processes, responsible for the monitoring/recording/tracking and/or collection of all relevant documentary evidence, required for audit purposes.
- Responsible for collection, receipt and security of monies and payment systems to contribute to the effective processing of income and expenditure.
- Contribute to the management of centre accommodation, to meet specific needs of individual groups and maximise space.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to RQF level 2 (GCSE) in Business Administration, or equivalent by experience.
- Ability to develop skills within role.
- Good working knowledge of IT and in particular Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience of accurate input of data with the ability to review, amend and produce management information.
- Experience of working in a customer-focussed environment, with good communication skills to engage with adults.
- Ability to encourage participation and engagement, ideally with Adult learners.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.