Technology Business Partner (Adults)
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Technology Business Partner (Adults)
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £60,782 per annum
Location: Chelmsford / Home Based*
Closing Date: 7th July 2021
The successful candidate will support the procurement, design and implementation of a new Social Care Case Management System focused on the Adult Social Care. You will be a subject matter expert in this area and with an understanding of Technology Operations and will use this knowledge to drive business thinking in how to leverage technology to deliver organisational value.
As part of the Business Engagement service, you will shape and maintain an in-depth understanding of the functions within your portfolio of Adult Social Care taking account of business processes and information technology needs, ensuring effective alignment between Technology Services priorities and business requirements. Working with colleagues in the programme team and wider Technology Services you will help our internal customers translate their business needs into technical requirements to lead to the procurement of a new system.
This is a leadership role with professional impact and influence to assist our teams in driving forward issues and strategic thinking as an extension to their own professional community, ensuring a full and complete picture of Essex County Council functions is maintained.
You will be responsible for…
· Developing strategic partnerships with designated functions across the Council to utilise insight and contribute to business plans to support the achievement of the organisation's strategic objectives.
· Developing, maintaining and utilising functional technology strategies and developed business roadmaps to ensure appropriate support of the function's technology and adhering to the defined technology reference architecture, identifying potential consolidation opportunities and making the most of the assets we have to support Essex residents.
· Holding the advocacy role between Technology Services and functional teams so that both groups are always represented equally and involved the timely preparation of complex business cases outlining associated joint risks and benefits whilst being accountable for the technology implications.
· Specified technology aspects of business planning, supporting the provision of advice to senior leaders on strategic technology matters, taking into account the forensic details of the supported function (finance, risk, resourcing)
· Assisting as a subject matter expert in both the development and application of technology for the function to ensure appropriate guidance for Leadership teams.
· Contributing to the team effort to ensure business needs are effectively managed and working collaboratively with Technology Services teams to ensure they remain aligned to business plans and strategic thinking and to create effective work plans from the business to create demand plans.
· Assisting the translation of technical vocabulary and knowledge into understandable business language to drive up the functions' knowledge and appreciation of the power of technology.
Knowledge, skills and experience
· Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience
· Ideally you will be accredited to the Business Relationship Management Institute (BRMI) Business Relationship Manager Professional (BRMP) or evidence of working towards that accreditation.
· Experience of working within a Local Authority, experience in the functions listed above, specifically adults social care together with an understand of Technology Operations being desirable.
· Experience of creating and proactively leading change initiatives in a complex environment.
· Demonstrable experience of assisting strategic planning with senior stakeholders combined with experience of successfully supporting the transformation of technology services with a focus on both cost reduction and improvements to customer satisfaction.
· Experienced across a range of technology disciplines and strategic planning functions, with demonstrable ability to translate business to technology requirements and vice versa.
· Clear understanding of operational viability within large and complex IT operations, either in the Public Sector or in the Private Sector with demonstrable understanding of the Public Sector environment.
· Ability to understand and uphold the principles and compliance to the Technical Services reference architecture, and to promote those principles across the business functional areas.
· Good interpersonal skills with the ability to assist in influencing, persuading and negotiating with senior leaders and other stakeholders, together with proven and demonstrable people management skills.
· Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change
Why Essex ?
Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England's oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest - Basildon and Harlow - are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career.
*This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.