Finance Systems Admin Specialist
Finance Systems Admin Specialist
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £34,017 per annum
Closing Date: 18/07/2021
This position will be, in line with current government guidance based from home. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options in line with Essex County Council mobile flexible working policy.
The Finance Systems Specialist will be responsible for the day to day management of the finance systems processes. In addition, taking an active role in coordinating systems schedules, planning, testing and supporting specific projects, improvements, report development and upgrades on finance systems.
The role will be part of a wider systems support function and will require collaborative working to resolve issues and ensure wide system governance in order that the integrity of the system is maintained across the Council.
The role will understand change and release processes and assess requirements across the finance systems. This role requires significant experience in issue resolution and incident management, testing and resource planning, with the ability to demonstrate successful change management.
The role will require the ability to develop effective relationships with key stakeholders.
You will be responsible for…
- Managing resources to enhance and test developments, implement periodic upgrades, inclusive of statutory changes and the day to day management of finance systems.
- Maintaining oversight of functional processing, delivering expert advice on all aspects of the finance systems, to ensure effective delivery of an excellent service to system users, suppliers and external customers.
- Contributing to finding innovative solutions to issues which could potentially impact or disrupt the customer experience and/or the Finance timetable.
- Collaboratively working with finance and across My Oracle Support teams to ensure that system processes are fit for purpose enabling day to day processes to be completed accurately.
- Managing a library of test scripts, process documentation and training materials ensuring they are current and relevant.
- Ensuring processes are audit compliant, assisting with audit reviews and implementation of recommendations.
- Input into continuous improvement projects across finance systems to ensure a culture of embracing change, including identifying efficiencies in processing tasks.
- The provision of timely, fit for purpose reports for customers, ensuring these meet individual requirements. This includes the development of new reports in various Business
- Intelligence tools and understanding/supporting new or emerging Business Intelligence opportunities.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to RQF Level 3 (A level) or equivalent by experience
- Knowledge of the finance systems and processes, integrations and links with other related systems.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and specialist knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Significant experience in testing and resource planning with the ability to demonstrate successful change management.
- Experience in report development in various reporting tools, such as OTBI, Smartview, Power BI.
- Understanding of change management and incident processes.
- Experience in working in a customer facing environment, demonstrating a passion for delivering excellent customer experiences.
- Excellent communication skills - able to explain and adjust communication to a range of audiences; adept at communicating complex challenges in a clear, compelling way.
- Analytical skills to be able to monitor, evaluate and assess situations and changes that will impact upon the service.
Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England's oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest - Basildon and Harlow - are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link: https://www.workingforessex.com/organisational-behaviours/
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance, be based from home. However, when government guidelines change going forward this role will likely work in a hybrid way, with an expectation that there will be a mix of days in the office and working from home/alternative locations.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0333 013 5888.