Consultant Social Worker - Frontline
Consultant Social Worker - Frontline
£40,637 to £49,183 Per Annum
Closing Date: 13th July 2021
Starting August/September 2021
In Essex County Council we are "Serious about Social Work".
Having previously won the Best Social Work Employer of the Year Award and been awarded 'Outstanding' by Ofsted this is an exciting time to join us. As if that wasn't enough, Essex is also a Partner in Practice with the Department of Education. We have invested in our workforce and created a positive environment for our social workers to make a difference and achieve change for our most vulnerable children and families through direct relationship-based social work practice. We have supported our staff to have an understanding of systemic theoretical framework and models underpinning our interventions; to have access to the right tools, equipment and resources; and also, the right supervision, training and learning opportunities they need to be strong practitioners.
If you enjoy educating and mentoring social work students and feel your skills are strong in this area, then this could be the perfect development opportunity for you.
Frontline is a central government initiative offering a fast track programme for graduates to become qualified social workers. The participants will be placed with Essex County Council for the first year in a Frontline unit, with an offer of employment within Essex in Year 2.
We are looking to appoint a Consultant Social Worker, to manage the Frontline unit in one of our quadrants, with participants starting on 6th September 2021.
Frontline draws upon a unit-based delivery model, systemic and other evidence-based social work approaches. The Consultant Social Worker must therefore be first and foremost an outstanding child and family social worker themselves, with the knowledge and skills to build purposeful and productive relationships and to use effective social work approaches to helping families change. We are looking for those individuals who understand good practice and who want to see social work transformed to achieve the best outcomes for children and families.
If selected, you would be involved in an innovative way of training social workers within Essex County Council, giving you an excellent opportunity to gain valuable skills and become a key figure in driving forward Essex County Council's vision.
What will I get from being a Consultant Social Worker?
- An exciting opportunity for experienced practitioners to remain in practice whilst also taking on a management and teaching role
- Access to a high-quality systemic training programme
- Access to 1:1 coaching and mentoring from a Practice Tutor
- Be part of a national network of Consultant Social Worker's contributing to innovations in practice and broader social work reforms
- After completing one year in the role you will become part of the Frontline Fellowship
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Social Work Degree or equivalent
- Social Work England with up to date CPD portfolio
- Experienced in working with risk and complexity in a statutory children and families setting.
- Expert capacity to analyse need and risk, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, advanced analytic ability and the capacity to develop this in others.
- Exceptional leadership qualities including the ability to coordinate and influence large, complex and challenging networks toward a common goal.
- Wide-ranging and in-depth knowledge of child development and caregiver factors affecting parenting.
- Research-literate with a working knowledge of up-to-date best practice models.
- In depth knowledge and experience of applying systemic approaches and evidence-based social work interventions, and the ability to instil these skills in participants.
- Required to be mobile throughout a wide operational area including travelling around the County of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
Salary will be assessed against the Social Care Capability Framework.
The Assessment Day will be held on Friday 16 July 2021 and / or Wednesday 21st July 2021.
Closing date for submitted applications is Midnight on 13 July 2021
Please note that this is a partner organisation advert and applications should not be made to Essex County Council.