Key Worker - Young Carers
This is a full time role for a fixed term of 12 months.
The post holder will be expected to operate flexibly, working out of normal office hours when required, to best meet the needs of the service users.
We are seeking a district based Key Worker to work within our North Essex quadrant team to support Young Carers (aged 0-18), young adult carers (16-24) and their families. You will provide individualised support in relation to their caring role, to raise achievement and aspirations and to allow them to have the same life chances as their peers
What you will need
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with a relevant professional qualification which is focussed on working with young people (e.g. LDSS, Social work, Youth and Community, Teacher, Careers) or equivalent or demonstrably equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
- A broad understanding of the issues affecting young carers and young people, opportunities for learning and the services provided by the partner organisations.
- Experience of working with young people on a one to one basis and in groups.
- Excellent communication skills with experience in effective collaborative working with other agencies at a local level.
- Experience of successfully involving young people and families in decision-making processes.
- Be flexible in their approach and have excellent time management skills and ability to work evenings, weekends and residential work in order to respond to young people's needs.
- The job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Depending on the geographical area, access to a vehicle or another efficient mode of transport will be required.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.