Young People Project Worker - Covid Equalisation Team
Would you like to play a part in the Covid 19 Equalisation within the Children and Families function at Essex County Council?
If YES…then hit apply to make an application for this unique opportunity.
Please note that this position is being offer on a Fixed Term Contract basis for a period of 12 months.
Children and Families service is recognised for a culture of working together with partners delivering a range of interventions which build resilience, remove barriers and enable children and young people to look forward to a brighter future.
The young people's project worker will work with young people who engage with the Involvement Service. This role may also require working across Local Authority boundaries where necessary. The role will provide guidance and follow up concerns and enquiries. The role will also deliver targeted group work activities and work with collaboratively the partnership to ensure better outcomes for these children.
The young people's project worker will have an awareness of the challenges and issues that can impact on children's behaviour, understanding vulnerabilities and the potential impacts of these, including a knowledge of Child Exploitation. The role requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Responsible for making contact with children and their parents and carers when the child requests or is referred for support.
- Contacting relevant Local Authority where required and building an understanding of local and cross boundary responses
- Guarantee appropriate consent is secured where necessary for work with the child
- Ensure accurate records of all conversations are kept and appropriately uploaded to the system
- Ensure relevant information is shared with the right people and recorded appropriately
- Work collaboratively with statutory and voluntary partners to ensure the safety and best outcomes for children and their families
- Provide time limited intensive support where assessed as appropriate, this may include where CE has been identified
- Build relationships with the child through group and / or 121 work where targeted work has been assessed as appropriate.
- Work flexibly with young people and their families, the role will be required to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Responsible for highlighting issues and implementing plans to safeguard a child.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
- Support the work of the wider Involvement Service where applicable
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to RQF Level 2 (GCSE) or equivalent by experience, which may include specific practical qualifications.
- Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area.
- Experience of working with the public and the ability to maintain clear boundaries and open communication with clients and colleagues.
- An awareness of the challenges and issues that can impact on children's behaviour.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to act assertively and resolve conflict.
- Familiarity with the Children Act 1989
- Ability to manage own workload and time effectively
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link: https://www.workingforessex.com/organisational-behaviours/
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.