2nd Line Support Analyst
3 days left
- Contract Type
2nd Line Support Analyst
Fixed Term, 6 months initially
Full Time, 37 hours per week
Up to £29,432 per annum
Closing Date: 14th July 2021
*Office based two or three days a week. Remainder will be remote working, in line with current government guidance. However, as government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Essex County Council (ECC) Technical Services is focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology maximises the opportunity to support ECC in meeting its strategic goals
To achieve this Technical Services are undertaking a major transformation programme which will create the conditions where employees, residents and businesses can collaborate, innovate and thrive.
We are looking to recruit passionate and experienced IT Professionals to assist in the design and delivery of Technical Services enabling us to deliver outstanding outcomes and experiences enabled by modern, connected technology.
The post holder will be responsible for the support and deployment of core desktop, laptop and tablet applications. You will support users of Windows 10, incorporating Office 365.
Providing an excellent customer service to approximately 8,500 users throughout the Essex County Council.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing VIP technical support to the Councillors
- Strong fault diagnostic skills and complex problem-solving experience
- Remote deployment of applications using Microsoft SCCM
- Exchange administration
- Remote support via Microsoft Teams and Skype
- Samsung mobile and iPad configuration
- Creating knowledgebase documentation
- Completing Impact Assessments for new software products
What's in it for you
- Make an impact on the lives of residents in Essex
- Be a part of a new forward-thinking Technology Services Team in local government
- Engage directly with customers, suppliers and stakeholders to design and deliver meaningful, measurable technology change
- An excellent benefit packages. More information can be found via https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
The kind of experience you might bring
- Educated to A Level or equivalent in experience in a relevant subject. Holding ITIL Foundation level accreditation or equivalent professional qualification.
- Able to demonstrate previous 2nd line experience, including Windows 10, preferably gained within a Local Authority or large organisation providing 2nd Line Analyst/Engineering or Service Desk services.
- A proven track record of exceeding targets and meeting agreed SLA's within a busy environment. The ability to prioritise workload effectively. High level of customer service skills, along with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Technical proficiency in System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM), Group Policy, Active Directory, Microsoft Office up to 365.
- High level of troubleshooting, logic and reasoning skills with the ability to be proactive, willingness to share expertise and support colleagues.
- Thinks creatively, challenge the norms and constructively challenge those around you to ensure continuous improvement and inspire the same in others. Follows agreed procedures to maintain the quality and consistency of the service, enhancing customer experience and maintaining high levels of satisfaction.
- A track record of working within effective teams delivering high quality Service Management Services that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.