Public Health Service Lead (Test & Trace - Programme Management)
Fixed Term contract required till 30th September 2022
** For existing employees this opportunity is being offered as a secondment, subject to eligibility criteria **
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our multi-disciplinary Public Health Division in a Service Lead role. This is a rare opportunity for a highly skilled individual to join Public Health within the largest Local Authority in the country and lead work that contributes to Birmingham being a great city that enables people to live healthy and active lives. Join us and you won’t just improve life for 1.1 million people, you’ll help Birmingham become one of the world’s most successful, sustainable cities.
The Public Health Division is engaged in a dynamic and diverse range of innovative work at a local, regional, national and international level.
This fixed term position will be within the Test & Trace team focusing on Birmingham’s response to ongoing challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Test & Trace team will be responsible for delivering the Local Outbreak Management Plan.
This role will be within the Test and Trace team leading the team working on Programme Management through the Covid-19 outbreak. The team leads on Strategy and Business activities, including programme management, project management, financial management, reporting processes & report collation, recruitment support, process mapping, change management, risk management, supporting the local outbreak engagement board and generally supporting the Assistant Director for Test & Trace. The team is key in delivering the local outbreak response plan and ensuring we have robust processes in place and work at pace in the number of rapid response activities required by Test & Trace and the forever changing pandemic landscape. The role will support the wider governance and delivery of the test and trace programme within the Council.
Skills & Experience
This is an ideal opportunity for somebody who can:
- Manage and deliver on Public Health service plans and audits embedding the Directorate and Council key priorities.
- Manage the delivery of performance and governance arrangements and the development and implementation of improvement programmes, in line with agreed priorities.
- Support the development of collaborative approaches and activities through managing the delivery of evidenced based best practice.
- Manage and deliver the assurance of business resilience and emergency planning in accordance with statutory regulations.
- Support and deliver information governance and information management
- Programme manage and report on a series of projects which are being undertaken within the Test and Trace Unit
- Carry out budget management processes as per the Council’s standing orders/processes and also in line with Grant Funding for Test & Trace.
Closing date – 25th July 2021
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact:
Julia Duke-Macrae, Consultant in Public Health, Public Health (Test & Trace), Birmingham.
Please note: CVs will NOT be considered as your personal statement.
When applying, you are strongly advised to pay particular attention to the person specification and job description when compiling your Personal Statement and do not just attach certificates.
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
We encourage applications from Birmingham residents and care leavers.
We have one full time position available; informal enquiries are welcomed.
Right to work in the UK documentation will be fully checked for all applicants. All non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council and must have an approved visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) before any employment offer can be confirmed. Unless they are an EEA or Swiss citizen or their family members, already living in the UK by 31 December 2020, then they will need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) instead.
PH GR6 TESTTRACE JD PS (Programme Management)