Fixed Term, 12 months
Full Time, 37 hours per week
Up to £36,057 per annum
Closing Date: 18th July 2021
The Content Adviser sits in a team of four at the heart of corporate Communications and Marketing in Essex County Council. If you are keen to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment, you'll find a fit with this supportive team who are looking for a digital marketing specialist with a broad range of skills.
Specific deliverables during this fixed term contract include:
- Working with communications and marketing colleagues to develop partner toolkits for a range of campaigns, including those focused on good mental health
- Using our e-marketing platform to support delivery against campaign objectives
- Leading on reporting for the Content Team
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Take complex language, processes and information and make it simple to understand, across a range of platforms including websites, intranet and e-marketing
- Understand and be proficient in the use of data at every stage of content planning, creation, amplification, engagement and evaluation, especially Google Analytics
- Adopt a user-focused, digital-first approach to work, with a clear understanding of the user journey across platforms
Content Design knowledge and awareness of accessibility requirements are preferable, as the role will include updating key platforms on ECC's digital estate and ensuring compliance with WCAG 2.1 AA.
- Responsible for the scoping, commissioning, writing, editing and publication of digital content
- Manage relationships with subject matter experts to make sure new content is accurate, relevant, engaging and meets user needs and ECC brand guidelines
- Use a variety of content management systems to write, edit and publish content and maintain links
- Provide mentoring and support on communications at all levels of the Council to ensure best practice in understanding and application to create, curate and syndicate local content
- Provide test content to support the user and customer experience and monitor the performance of content
- Responsible for using a range of analytics tools to monitor and measure audience engagement trend.
- Engage with stakeholders on a consultative supplier basis, promoting the marketing and communications function as a centre of excellence
- Work flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries in support of key outcomes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Educated to degree level with practical experience or experienced in this field with evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge of content and marketing.
You will bring with you experience working as part of a content team in a large organisation and experience of writing for digital channels.
You will have the ability to deliver accessible content that is AA compliant and to create content that is in Plain English and optimised for search engines, you will be able to demonstrate a good understanding of content strategy, and you will have proven ability to use Google Analytics and user feedback to define and improve content
Above all, you will be able to evidence strong project management skills, good communication skills and strong people skills, including the ability to influence and challenge decisions that don't meet user needs.
Apply and next steps
To apply, please submit your CV and a Supporting Statement via the Working for Essex website.
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on the Working for Essex website.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.