Workforce Development Officer
Essex County Council (ECC) is achieving transformational change across Adult Social Care and Children and Families Services, underpinned by delivery of high quality practice and a culture of collaboration, integrity and compassion. Development of a professional, knowledgeable and skilled workforce is central to achieving practice improvement and driving change; delivered by a joint Essex Social Care Academy (ESCA) service which meets the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) needs of both professional areas.
The ESCA Workforce Development Officer covers a diverse range of activities to support the delivery of a project or programme's objectives. The role is key to the effective and efficient operation of all projects/ programmes, supporting the Team Manager or Workforce Development Lead with day-to-day project management and/or commissioning of a high quality CPD offer to both workforces.
The ESCA Workforce Development Officer will be able to engage with, negotiate and influence a diverse group of individuals at all levels. This role will offer development, by building knowledge of the project management function and evidencing an innovative approach. The role requires a good understanding of adult learning theories and evidence of delivery and development of workforce projects and initiatives that support workforce strategies.
* Support the development and commission a range of blended learning and training opportunities, tailored to the individual needs of staff groups in line with Continuing Professional Development programmes.
* Implement processes to ensure the commissioning of training providers support excellence in practice, represent value for money, work to agreed standards and include safeguarding practices.
* Work collaboratively with external operational partner/stakeholders to deliver projects/programmes.
* Contribute to and measure the impact of training and training transfer, on improving outcomes and developments in practice across social care; regularly monitoring, reflecting and reviewing to ensure continued progress. Produce project/programme reports to update on progress.
* Undertake financial monitoring and budgetary review of programmes/projects of work on behalf of the ESCA Development Manager. Responsible for monitoring project spend and contributing to the compilation of budget updates.
* Responsible for providing all project management support including file management, organising boards and meetings, responses to external requests for information and engaging with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Responsible for managing the projects' risk and issue logs, helping to identify on-going risks/issues, escalating and tracking progress to ensure resolution.
* Contribute to the further development of the Social Care Academy to support the improvement of performance and service delivery, promoting best practice.
* Support the ESCA Management/ ESCA Workforce Development Leads by developing and maintaining appropriate systems to ensure effective planning and scheduling of projects.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience* Educated to RQF Level 3 (A Level) or equivalent by experience.
* Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
* Experience and evidence of working in a project/programme coordination role in a large, complex organisation.
* Curious and inspired to work in an agile environment where you can learn and develop.
* Experience of engaging with others to build good working relationships and communicating effectively in order to achieve the right outcomes/progress for the project(s) and/ or programmes.
* Experience of working with a broad range of individuals at different levels within an organisation, with strong team working skills and ability to engage/persuade to maintain project/programmes progress.
* Experience of working within a large, complex political environment with knowledge of a public sector setting.
* Evidence of adopting a structured and planned approach.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/benefits/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.