This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Technology Services (TS) deliver critical business applications that are essential to the support and successful completion of business operations performed by Directorates in meeting the Strategic Objectives of the Council.
The Senior Applications Analyst is responsible for the completion of tasks, that are complex due to the level of knowledge required and business criticality, including development, maintenance and system configuration activities for allocated line-of-business applications supporting one or more key business areas of the Council whilst maintaining security of operation and management of risk. This includes any associated application upgrades and interfaces to applications within other business areas and assisting with management reporting requirements to ensure secure, efficient operation of business activities
Where applications and systems are delivered as a service, to support liaison with the Service Providers to ensure applications maintain currency and security and effectively meet the business requirements of the Council. Deliver support in accordance with the allocation, performance, training, and development plan on a day to day as a member of the Applications Support Team.
You will be responsible for…
· Managing a small team of Applications Analysts supporting ECC Business Applications to ensure that the systems remain optimised to meet business requirements and ensure continuity of services in the ECC environment.
· Completing tasks, that are complex due to the level of knowledge required and business criticality, to meet required Service and Operational Performance Levels, necessary to optimise application usage to enable effective business operations.
· Assuming the accountabilities of the Applications Manager in periods of absence to ensure continuation of effective management in support of business operations
· Directing staff working to affect the resolution of critical Application Incidents, Major Incidents and Problems to restore services to normal operation as quickly as possible.
· Completing complex tasks to implement approved requests for change as needed to maintain a current applications environment aligned to business requirements.
· Creating work plans and managing risk and security in support of projects and BAU maintenance activities to maintain effective ECC business operations.
· Directing staff engaged in the Implementation, Release and Deployment process for all applications installations, upgrades, patching, and changes including regulatory and legislative requirements to ensure the maintenance of a technically current applications portfolio
· Applications delivered 'As a Service' direct the work of Service Providers to ensure such applications maintain security and currency and that configuration is maintained to meet Business requirements
· Maintaining and communicating up-to-date business knowledge, specialist technical skills and market intelligence relating to the relevant applications
· Specific targets and objectives defined annually within the performance management framework.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Educated to Degree Level or equivalent by experience in a relevant subject. Hold Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) and Oracle Certified Expert (OCE) certification or equivalent, qualification or high level of demonstrable capability with relevant vendor business applications.
· Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change that meet defined SFIA V7 competencies.
· Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of, and capability to work within, relevant ICT related standards including HMG Security Policy Framework, IITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP.
· Excellent written, verbal communication and presentational skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England's oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest - Basildon and Harlow - are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career.
To view our Organisational Behaviours information please follow this link: https://www.workingforessex.com/organisational-behaviours/
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider