Fixed Term - 12 months
Up to £36,857 per annum
Closing Date: 1st August 2021
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options
Technology Services (TS) deliver critical business applications that are essential to the support and successful completion of business operations performed by Directorates in meeting the Strategic Objectives of the Council
The Applications Analyst is responsible for carrying out application development, maintenance, and system configuration activities for all line-of-business applications, supporting one or more key business areas of the Council. Ensuring the management of risk and secure operation, including any associated application upgrades and interfaces to applications within other business areas and to assist with management reporting requirements
Where applications and systems are delivered as a service, to work as directed with the Service Providers to ensure applications maintain currency and security and effectively meet the business requirements of the Council
The post holder will be responsible for delivering support in accordance with the work allocation, performance, training, and development plan on a day to day basis as a member of the Applications Support team
You will be responsible for…
- Working collaboratively within a team of Application Analysts to meet required Service and Operational Levels, and application performance objectives.
- Following agreed processes and procedures in delivering applications and services, including the management of security and risk, to ensure Service Level Agreements with different business functions can be met to agreed timelines.
- The resolution of Application Incidents, Major Incidents and Problems to ensure quick resolution to meet agreed service levels and applications performance targets to minimise disruption to critical business operations.
- Implementing approved requests for change as needed to maintain a current applications environment aligned to business requirements.
- The Implementation, Release and Deployment process for all applications installations, upgrades, patching, and changes including regulatory and legislative requirements ensuring applications are optimised in support of business operations.
- Working collaboratively to deliver application work plans in support of projects and BAU maintenance activities including the management of security and risk.
- Applications delivered 'As A Service' work with the Service Providers to ensure such applications maintain security and currency and that configuration is maintained to meet Business requirements
- Maintaining in depth, up-to-date business knowledge, specialist technical skills and market intelligence relating to the relevant applications.
- In the absence of the Senior Applications Analyst for providing supervision and guidance to the team to ensure continuity of management and effective delivery of the applications service in support of business operations.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to A Level or equivalent by experience
- Must demonstrate experience of managing small teams successfully delivering critical business applications
- Hold Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) and Oracle Certified Associate
- (OCA) or equivalent qualification.
- Qualification or high level of demonstrable capability with relevant vendor business applications
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of, and capability to work within, relevant ICT related standards including HMG Security Policy Framework, IITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP
- Good written, verbal communication and presentational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change that meet defined SFIA V7 competencies.
Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England's oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest - Basildon and Harlow - are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career.