Please note that this is a fixed term contract post for up to 12 months to cover maternity leave.
This role is part of the People Business Partnering team and supports the delivery of the workforce strategy, functional people strategies and the implementation of strategic initiatives across a broad spectrum of functional areas. Working collaboratively within People and Transformation and across a number of business functions at any one time, this role requires HR expertise to support the business at Heads of Service level and below, in implementing organisation change projects and managing employment cases which are escalated by the people service centre. The role will also coach managers dealing with these projects and cases, to develop skill sets to increase their confidence and effectiveness in managing others. Working as part of the wider Business Partnering team, this role provides support to the strategic business partners, offering challenge and high quality and high impact HR advice, within and outside the People and Transformation function
You will be responsible for…
- Working under the direction of the People Business Partner/s to translate business requirements into prioritised people requirements, using a consultancy approach to contract the People and Transformation offer with the business.
- People and Transformation projects (or parts of projects) for the business area or for People and Transformation itself and support People Business Partners in delivering business performance improvement.
- Providing a comprehensive HR advice and support service to managers and customers with regard to more complex case work and change programmes, using personal judgement in making effective decisions, ensuring matters can move forward and options considered.
- Leading the delivery of projects to meet agreed outcomes within agreed timescales, working collaboratively across the business functions and with the People Business Partners.
You'll do great here if you
- Have strong consulting skills, including excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to make strong and influential relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, providing both high challenge and support.
- Are able to analyse people and business metrics and develop insight and solutions; using these to influence decision making in the context of the business and to shape and influence others.
- Have a working knowledge of the critical factors in planning change and the stages and phases of project and programme management, and are able to identify risks and create mitigation plans; Are able to develop the business case for significant change programmes and manage implementation, seeking opportunities to understand blockages and drive continuous improvement, including seeking ideas and feedback from customers.
- Know how to design and develop people activities and interventions to improve business outcomes; understanding the key drivers of employee engagement and how to coach leaders to understand and drive business value from them.
- Understand the broad employee relations landscape and can use this to influence and coach the business, and understand the broad legal context in which ODP operates and can apply this to managing complex employee relations issues and mitigating organisational risk.
- Know how to implement people initiatives and develops metrics to measure their impact, and use this to adjust and develop future practice. Demonstrating commitment to own professional development.
- MCIPD qualified or working towards this.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance, be based from home. However, when government guidelines change going forward this role will likely work in a hybrid way, with an expectation that there will be a mix of days in the office and working from home/alternative locations.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.