Employment Practice Consultant
5 days left
- Contract Type
Please note that this is a fixed term contract opportunity until 31 st March 2022.
We need our future employment practice to drive our performance standards, reflect the changing landscape of employment law, and empower or managers to easily understand and apply those standards in new formats that are accessible to everyone.
This role will lead on delivering innovative employment standards and practice as a subject matter expert to enable leaders and their teams to perform to the best of their ability, and able to adapt to our new ways of working post-COVID. As such, this role operates as an agent for change by challenging current strategy and influencing the organisation in offering alternative solutions.
This role needs a balance of pragmatism with an understanding of leading-edge (digital) people management policy approaches and deep professional insight. The role will need to think radically about the expectation standards of behaviours as a condition of employment of Essex County Council (ECC) as an employer and those of our employees, supporting our diversity and inclusion agenda and aligned to delivery of our Workforce Strategy.
It will involve working collaboratively with People and Transformation colleagues, supporting the delivery of projects across the People function and can range from the development of policy in response to a legal or business change to leading a specific review or creation of a major process and implementation of a changed process.
You will be responsible for…
- Contributing to high level research and analysis, to ensure that our employment standards are continuously improved to support ECC in achieving its objectives.
- Acting as the subject matter expert in reviewing the development of employment policy and practice ensuring these translate into coherent and accessible HR and OD standards for the business.
- Providing timely and pro-active responses to changes in legislation and business need across ECC.
- Actively taking the lead in the sharing and building of knowledge across the HR community in including the provision of workshops and training for relevant HR employees and the development of tools for further support and guidance.
- Supporting the Employment Standards and Equalities Lead with any employee relations and other People Relations matters as necessary.
You'll do great here if you
- Have a deep understanding of HR functions, practice and procedure in a modern HR environment together with experience in a complex, unionised environments.
- Possess sound knowledge of employment law and evidence of being able to develop and interpret Employment Policy and Practice.
- Have the ability to gather, analyse and present on ER-related communications and feedback.
- Have a record of achievement as an HR practitioner in a large organisation delivering subject matter expertise, policy and procedure aligned to corporate goals
- Can provide evidence of expertise in creating appropriate standards for the business understanding and introducing innovative digital solutions
- Have proven relationship management, with proven ability to develop strong, mutually beneficial relations with external and internal networks and stakeholders
- Possess a proven practical experience and working knowledge of project management principles within an HR context.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience.
What you should do next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
This position will initially, in line with current government guidance, be based from home. However, when government guidelines change going forward this role will likely work in a hybrid way, with an expectation that there will be a mix of days in the office and working from home/alternative locations.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.