Technology Lead - Corporate ERP
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Technology Lead - Corporate ERP
Full Time, 37 hours per week
Up to £62,997 per annum
Closing Date: 1st August 2021
*This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based, whilst retaining some flexible working options.
Technology Services (TS) is focused on ensuring current and future investment in technology to maximise the opportunities to support ECC from a technology perspective.
Bringing a new focus to understanding and supporting the business functions will be key in exploiting technology to deliver positive business outcomes. Service Management is a vital element ensuring services are delivered to provide continuity of operation to agreed levels of service in support of business operations.
The MOS Lead is accountable for leading the support and transition team for the MyOracle system, aligning to ITIL V3 lifecycle in Service Operations including incident and major incident resolution, configuration, and continual service improvement.
You will be responsible for…
· Operational planning and performance review to maintain exceptional service delivery and ensures the political objectives and priorities of the council are met.
· Working collaboratively within and across functions to support the delivery of best possible outcomes for our customers on a financially sustainable basis.
· Maintaining and nurturing collaborative relationships with other teams in the function and external organisations that support the delivery of annual plans.
· Implementing changes to improve the area of work, while maintaining the highest possible levels of service quality are continually delivered.
· Managing complex issues that meet the needs of customers and delivery the best possible outcomes.
· Effective utilisation of digital technologies and innovation across the function.
· Ensuring Equality and diversity is celebrated and considered as part of all decisions taken.
· Using professional expertise to translate goals and plans into ways of working that comply with relevant legislation and statutory requirements and manages a level of appropriate risk.
· Delivering exemplar customer interactions to individuals and communities which support strong relationships and a reputation for achieving outcomes and resolving issues.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Educated to Degree level or equivalent in experience in a relevant subject.
· Evidence of continual professional development to keep pace with technical and business change that meet defined SFIA V7 competencies.
· Able to demonstrate extensive experience in a Service Operations Management role preferably working within a large Local Authority or with a Service Provider providing Service Operations Management.
· Must demonstrate a track record of leading and working within effective teams delivering high quality Service Management Services that have been proved successful in meeting complex business requirements and in enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use.
· Able to demonstrate a clear understanding and capability to work within relevant ICT related standards including IITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP.
· Excellent written, verbal communication and presentational skills with good customer service experience.
Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England's oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest - Basildon and Harlow - are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.