Youth Work Team Leader
Please note this is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
We are looking for a Youth Work Team Leader to supervise the development and delivery of youth work projects and work directly with young people in informal settings and maintain professional and purposeful relationships.
You will supervise units of provision to deliver youth work to meet the needs of young people and deliver against externally funded work programmes/specifications.
You will work face to face with young people in specific youth work provisions and provide information, support and expertise to support and promote the delivery of the specified programme as required.
- Manage employees in working flexibly and collaboratively across structural boundaries as part of project or process teams in support of key outcomes
- Manage the development of organisational capability through good people management, including the training, development, mentoring and coaching of team members
- Thinking creatively, challenging the norms, and constructively challenging those around them (including those more senior) to ensure continuous improvement, commercial astuteness, and inspire the same in employees
- Ensure the proper assessment, management and mitigation of risk, including Health and Safety and Business Continuity
- Work as part of project or process teams as required under the new operating model, ensuring excellent cross functional output
Role Specific Accountabilities
- Develop and deliver a programme of imaginative activities, encouraging the active participation and involvement of young people in developing their skills, understanding of others and the world around them within the project or unit of provision. Ensuring that young people and staff are fully involved in this process
- Facilitate young people's learning and their personal and social development in accordance with the core values of youth work
- If required establish, maintain and manage resources including staff
- Keep accurate and efficient administrative systems and record keeping
- Promote the programme to ensure that opportunities are accessible to targeted groups/individuals and respond to individual and group needs
- Provide information and data as required
- Take part in the Service supervision scheme and performance management scheme to identify priorities and learning needs, and to be responsible for the learning and development of staff reporting to the post taking account of the performance management process
- Ensure Child Protection/ Safeguarding Guidelines (SET) are followed and that all concerns are reported promptly
- Comply with individual responsibilities for staff and young people, in accordance with work role, for health and safety in the workplace
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A nationally JNC recognised qualification in youth support work, minimum Level 2 (QCF, VRQ, NVQ or Local) with a willingness to undertake a relevant level three qualification
- Evidence of recent continuous professional development.
- Experience of working with innovative, social education programmes.
- Ability to develop work with young people to achieve planned outcomes.
- Experience of effective use of resources
- Ability to motivate staff.
- Experience of successfully involving young people in decision making processes.
- Knowledge and experience of youth work methods and techniques.
- Excellent level of numeracy, literacy (GCSE A - C or equivalent or demonstrable experience) and ICT
- The job role requires you to be mobile throughout an operational area. Depending on the geographical area, access to a vehicle or another efficient mode of transport will be required