Permanent, Part Time
Up to £26,801 per annum (FTE)
Closing Date: 28th July 2021
Please note this is a part time position variable hours per week. Working hours will be discussed at interview. The full time equivalent salary is up to £26,801 per annum. The hourly rate is £13.89. The rate will include a 0.6% uplift plus holiday. Further details will be outlined in the formal contract.
This role is part of Adult Community Learning (ACL), the largest provider of adult learning in Essex, offering a wide range of courses and qualifications.
ACL are seeking to recruit a tutor to deliver Accountancy classes to our adult learners at a variety of levels. You will be required to design, plan, deliver and evaluate high quality learning opportunities and experiences for learners in response to their identified needs.
Hours will be variable according to curriculum needs. The successful candidate may be required to work daytimes, evenings and/or Saturdays.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression
- Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following ACL safeguarding procedures
- Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use
- Address the mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning
- Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge
- Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement
- Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills
- Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others
- To initially assess learners' starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners.
- To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experienced tutor teaching AAT at levels 1 2 3 and 4.
- Subject specific qualification or proven expertise in subject
- Teaching / training experience
- Nationally recognised teaching qualification (or be prepared to work towards achieving threshold qualifications within the first year of service e.g City and Guilds Award in Education and Training
- Competent user of ICT
- Ability to inspire, motivate and raise aspirations of learners through your enthusiasm and knowledge
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888 Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.