This position will initially, in line with current government guidance be based from home, with an expectation of being home based for the foreseeable future. However, if / when government guidelines change the role may then revert to being office based and flexible working options.
Essex County Council are currently reviewing and transforming how we deliver our waste services, as a result of a number of our key contracts expiring over the next two years. We are therefore looking for someone with experience of complex OJEU procurement procedures to support the existing team on a consultancy basis.
- Lead a multi-functional team to determine the route to market, considering complex risks and value for money
- Coordinate the writing of all tender documentation, including terms and conditions, specifications, evaluation criteria and pricing matrix
- Lead pre-market engagement sessions
- Thorough options appraisal to be presented to directors and councillors
- Produce and maintain project programme ensuring all key milestones and accountabilities are met.
- Lead negotiation preparation and sessions with suppliers if this is the chosen route to market
- Co-ordinate with the wider category team, to ensure that the future contract solution interfaces with other key projects and strategy transformation
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience of leading Competitive Dialogue and Competitive Procedure with Negotiation is essential
- Previous category management in waste would be desirable
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Project management
Please note that Essex County Council has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.