Business Support Administrator
This role is a full time fixed term role until the 31st March 2022.
The role you will play
- As a Business Support Administrator in this integrated role you will be required to work with the Mental Capacity Act Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) team within Adult Social Care. You will be supporting Team Managers, and Social Workers to help with the smooth running of the services recovery and response to COVID-19.Your role may include but not be limited to:
- Processing DOLS referrals on Mosaic
- Liaising with various partners/stakeholders in relations to DOLS
- Supporting with calls coming into the team
- Supporting with inbox management
- Support in monitoring referrals coming into the teams and highlighting priority activity
- Progressing service requests or raising purchase orders or payments through electronic payment tool
Data cleansing activity
- Sending out post via Dataforge
- Monitoring allocations and timeframes for assessments and decision outcomes
- Supporting with commissioning aspects of assessments including transfer and receipt of documentation with external agencies
Standard office working hours Monday to Friday with remote home working if and when possible.
key skills and characteristics
- Mosaic knowledge desirable not essential
- Excellent organisation and prioritization skills
- Experience in diary and inbox management
- Good working knowledge of all MS Office, including Outlook, Teams and Excel
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication is essential
- Ability to work independently and self-manage
- Attention to detail critical
- Call handling experience desirable
- Customer service experience desirable
- Experience raising purchase orders and payments is desirable
- Knowledge of using a hybrid mail and room booking system desirable
- Forward-thinking and able to think of ways to improve the service
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email or call us on 0333 013 5888. Lines are open Monday to Friday between 08:30 - 16:30.