Disabled Children and Young People Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Location: County Hall, Northallerton. We very much promote flexible working with the ability to work remotely from a variety of bases as well as from home, whatever makes sense and is suitable to provide the best service.
Hours: Full-time/ 37 hours
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Manager to join our Disabled Children’s Service, part of the Inclusion Service which supports children with SEND.
You will be responsible for the management, support and advise Locality Team Leaders and three Registered Managers of the Children's Resource Centres in relation to operational matters and complex cases as well as supervision, appraisal and performance management.
The specialist disabled children’s service is established within the SEND Service (0-25) to ensure an integrated approach to education and care needs for children and young people with SEND and their families in terms of assessment, planning and decision making.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Significant contribution into key strategic developments to ensure consistency of practice across children’s social care and SEND teams and the continued development of evidence informed practice
- The management of the specialist Disabled Children’s Service including line management, performance and budget management
- Actively promoting sufficiency of provision to support children with disabilities and their families through informed commissioning and innovation opportunities
- Duties associated with the responsibility as named Responsible Individual for the Children’s Resource Centres
- Commissioning appropriate high quality provision for disabled children and inputting into strategic commissioning and quality assurance plans, frameworks and developments insofar as they relate to disabled children and their families
- Engaging with health and education partners to ensure collective responsibility for children with disabilities in terms of decision making, outcomes and funding
- Ensuring commitment to transitions to ensure that appropriate pathway options for young people with disabilities are determined including maintaining strong and effective partnerships with Health and Adult Services and health commissioners.
To be successful you must:
- Hold a relevant Qualification in Social Work
- Be able to demonstrate substantial and relevant experience of working as a Social Worker preferably with disabled children and young people
- Have extensive experience in children’s services, including involvement in cases with complex legal, professional and ethical issues including child protection and Care Proceedings, and;
- Evidence of strategic planning skills and the ability to implement and embed plans effectively
In return for your hard work and dedication to our service, we can offer you the chance to be part of a strong and supportive team. You will also benefit from a variety of competitive employee rewards such as local government pension scheme, retail discounts and access to green car scheme which is just one of a range of salary sacrifice schemes available.
If you would like more information, please contact Jane Le Sage (Assistant Director Inclusion) by emailing: Jane.LeSage@northyorks.gov.uk for an informal conversation.
Visit our dedicated Campaign Page for more information.
We welcome individuals looking to relocate, for further information please see our Relocation Policy
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 1st August 2021
Shortlisting date: Monday 2nd August 2021
Interview date: Monday 16th August 2021
We look forward to exploring your interest and receiving your application.
Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
NYCC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Health and Social Care Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Children's Services Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Safeguarding Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton
- Social Care Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Full time jobs in Northallerton