Locality Team Manager for Disabled Children’s Services
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full time
You will be responsible for the management of Social Workers, Family Support Workers and their cases which will include children and families receiving short breaks, disabled children Looked After by the local authority and children at risk of significant harm. You will manage a commissioning budget for short breaks and will work closely with the other Locality Team Leader in your area and as part of a county management team to ensure consistency and high quality practice. You will work with colleagues from Inclusion, the Children and Families Service, Occupational Therapy, schools, providers and with health colleagues to co-ordinate planning and support for families.
To be successful you must:
- Hold a relevant Qualification in Social Work
- Be able to demonstrate substantial and relevant experience of working as a Social Worker preferably with disabled children and young people
- Have extensive experience in children’s services, including involvement in cases with complex legal, professional and ethical issues including child protection and Care Proceedings, and;
- Evidence of strategic planning skills and the ability to implement and embed plans effectively
In return for your hard work and dedication to our service, we can offer you the chance to be part of a strong and supportive team. You will also benefit from a variety of competitive employee rewards such as local government pension scheme, retail discounts and access to green car scheme which is just one of a range of salary sacrifice schemes available.
If you would like more information, please contact Karl Podmore (Disabled Children and Young People's Service Manager) by emailing Karl.Podmore@northyorks.gov.uk for an informal conversation.
Visit our dedicated Campaign Page for more information.
We welcome individuals looking to relocate, for further information please see our Relocation Policy
- Closing date: Midnight Sunday 1st August 2021
- Shortlisting date: Thursday 5th August 2021
- Interview date: Monday 16th August 2021
We look forward to exploring your interest and receiving your application.
More searches like this
- Health and Social Care Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Knaresborough
- Children's Services Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Knaresborough
- Safeguarding Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Knaresborough
- Social Care Team Leader £40,000 - £49,999 Full time jobs in Knaresborough