Private Fostering Social Worker - Part Time. Chelmsford
Permanent, Part Time
£32,065 to £43,839 per annum pro rata
Please note this a part time position (22.2 hour per week - Wednesday to Friday, 3 full days of 7.4 hours per day) and is based in Chelmsford.
The Private Fostering Team offers a countywide service and is based in County Hall, Chelmsford
Private Fostering is when a child/young person under 16 (18 if disabled) lives with someone who is not a close relative for more than 28 days. This is a private arrangement between a parent and another adult (private foster carer).Once the team are notified about a private fostering arrangement, the worker will go out to visit the arrangement, undertake safeguarding checks and complete an assessment to ensure that the child/young person is safeguarded and that the private foster carers are able to provide a reasonable standard of care. The Private Fostering Team then continue to regularly visit the arrangement, offering ongoing advice and support.
- Completing visits and assessments within required timescales.
- To provide support and guidance to private foster carers through regular home visits and telephone contact, including at least one unannounced visit every year.
- Direct work with children/young people.
- To monitor and review the care provided by private foster carers to privately fostered children/young people in their care, ensuring that they provide a safe, healthy and nurturing environment in accordance with the requirements of Private Fostering National Minimum Standards.
- To keep in regular contact with parents, keeping them up to date with information.
- To work within the national minimum standards for Private Fostering 2005, Children (private arrangements for fostering) Regulations 2005 and Children Act 1989 and 2004 section 44.
- To work in partnership with professionals to ensure that children and young people have their assessed needs met.
- Attend Child in Need or Child Protection meetings or reviews as required.
- To participate in Private Fostering awareness raising to the public and professionals.
- Attend private fostering team meetings monthly and other meetings such as team development and service development activities.
- Attend supervision with the team manager once a month.
- Complete private fostering assessments and other required paperwork within required timescales.
- Ensure that written work is of a high standard and that reports are submitted in line with agreed time scales.
- Work within all Essex County Council policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Health and Safety is observed at all times
- Undertake any other tasks deemed reasonable within the role of Private Fostering Social Worker.
What you'll need to join our Private Fostering Social Work team
- Diploma in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
- Social Work England Registered Social Worker
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- IT/Word Processing Skills
- Evidence of recent practice at an experienced social worker level, supported by comprehensive working knowledge and experience within the field of practice in Children Services
- Preferably with experience of Child Protection work including section 47 investigations and assessments since the implementation of the Children's Act 1989.Considerable, recent experience of communicating with children of all ages and working in partnership with parents and/or carers.
- Experience in planning activities and programmes for children, young people and parents.
- Experience of Court work in relation to Child Care matters and have an understanding of the legal process.
- Detailed knowledge of current legislation pertinent to Child Protection (e.g. CA1989, CJA1991), Guidance and Regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development, relating theory and practice.
The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency. Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.