Project Manager x3
Via currently has three fantastic opportunities in our Major Projects and Improvements Team as Project Manager's based at our Trent Bridge House Office.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the successful delivery of highway and engineering projects which enhance and maintain the road network and meet company business plan objectives.
Main responsibilities include:
• Responsibility for the delivery of a range of highway and civil engineering schemes and projects to achieve quality, programme and financial targets. Current projects within the portfolio include the construction of the £41m Gedling Access Road, the £28m A614 Major Road Network project which includes six junction upgrades along the A614 / A6097 corridor and the £7.9m Transforming Cities Fund delivering public transport improvements, including a proposed park and ride site.
• Responsible for managing project requirements and change through a risk management approach across the project lifecycle, taking into account competing needs, demands and costs, making recommendations to the client to ensure project success and delivery.
• Lead on the communication and consultation of projects acting as an ambassador and being the key point of contact for all stakeholders to build confidence and maintain positive company reputation.
• Prepare and manage the production of a range of documentations for planning, land assembly, contracts and funding agreements to go alongside designs as part of a package of information required for project delivery.
• Hold internal and external parties that form the project team to account to achieve the project programme and outputs maintaining a high-quality service and ensuring project success.
• Collaborate with the company’s Construction and Commercial Division to maintain workflow, thereby supporting achievement of company business plan objectives for productivity and profit across design and build functions. • Ensure adherence to Health and Safety management systems, processes and requirements ensuring full compliance to health, safety and environmental legislation, policy and best practice and safeguarding staff contractors and members of the public.
• Provide specialist knowledge and advice to other teams in the company, its clients and to outside organisation at a local and regional level to support project delivery.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A degree in Transport, Civil Engineering, or a related subject and post qualification relevant experience, or equivalent knowledge gained through practical experience in a highway and/or civil engineering project management environment.
• Strong ICT skills including Microsoft Office applications, project management software and knowledge of data management environments. • Proficient at project management and possessing skills developed within a highway and/or civil engineering environment.
• Experience of monitoring budgets and the financial reporting of complex and significant projects.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, with experience of providing information, communicating and working collaboratively with clients, stakeholders, and colleagues.
• Knowledge of land acquisition and other associated statutory procedures, contract preparation and management, planning and funding bids.
• Excellent attention to detail, reliable, well organized.
We are a major employer in Nottinghamshire with a multi-skilled local workforce and a range of highly trained staff based at a number of different locations throughout the county. Our roles include highway maintenance, electrical works, mechanics, construction, forestry, road safety, civil engineering and much more. We combine a public-sector service ethos with a strong commercial focus and we are passionate about innovation and creating and delivering sustainable solutions safely across Nottinghamshire and the wider East Midlands. Via is a great place to work if you value work-life balance and we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace. We offer a range of family friendly and inclusive employment policies, including generous annual leave allowances, with flexible working available to our office-based staff. With the majority of our work being based in the East Midlands, our front-line staff also enjoy short journeys to site each working day. Our staff get access to a wide range of benefits. These include an excellent pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, buying and selling of annual leave and much more By joining us you will be part of a growing organisation with great staff benefits that positively embraces customer and community aspirations.
More searches like this
- Environment Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Nottingham
- Highways Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Nottingham
- Transport Planning Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Nottingham
- Regeneration and Local Economies Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Nottingham
- Planning Project Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Full time jobs in Nottingham