We have an exciting opportunity for a graduate to join our Technology and Change (T&C) team as a Digital Products and Services Trainee.
T&C provide technology and change services across North Yorkshire County Council and to it’s partners as well as commercially. This is a broad and exciting remit and one key area is to enable the council’s key aims on the digitisation of council services. Key to this is ensuring that online services are user-centric in their design and development and that they provide quantifiable benefits to customers and cost savings to the council.
The post-holder will assist in the development and implementation of NYCC digital capabilities, collaborating effectively across a wide range of teams and services to scope and deliver high quality customer experiences. This means ensuring a coherent and coordinated approach including adhering to the implementation of our NYCC digital principles and standards. These standards include ensuring that our customers are supported across different channels including by telephone and face to face.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the delivery and ongoing development and support of digital products and applications. This will be working alongside the key teams including Product Managers, Digital Business Analysts, User Experience (UX) lead and of course our technical development team
This is an opportunity to learn about a range of techniques and methodologies applied to the development of digital applications and products including digital process design, user experience design, product and project management, in addition to digital software development techniques like agile, scrum etc.
The team, by the very nature of the work, is innovative and fast paced and incorporates continuous improvement, by building close relationships with the customer’s we support and understanding the performance of our in house developed products.
Graduates who join NYCC are expected to:
- Achieve the objectives set for them; ask for help/clarity where needed;
- Develop their knowledge through self-directed study – further research, reading and questions;
- Fully participate in all training opportunities through on the job experience, mentoring and coaching and formal training and learning;
- Work toward becoming a member/associate of the relevant professional body, where appropriate;
- Make the most of the opportunities available within NYCC; and demonstrate NYCCs expected behaviours of:
- Focussing on customers and communities;
- Taking responsibility;
- Working together;
- Acting with Integrity
- Building a culture of continuous improvement and innovation; and leading by example
In this role you will:
- Support the implementation and continuous improvement of our digital products
- Support monitoring the performance of our digital products including how well they are meeting the needs of the user
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with relevant teams within T&C and the wider business
- Support progress reporting and development of plans including resources
Desirable criteria for this role: Degree in Digital or IT discipline
Start your journey to a great career and join us as a graduate.
Closing date: 8th August 2021
Interview date: 12th August 2021
Visit our dedicated campaign page to learn more about our fantastic Graduate Programme and hear from our recent Graduates.
If this role sounds like it could be for you, and you would like to gain more information, please call Anne-Louise Arkle (Digital Products and Services Manager) on 01609 533050 (ext:3050) or email Anne-Louise.Arkle@northyorks.gov.uk for an informal conversation.
NYCC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.