About Three Rivers District Council
Three Rivers District in South West Hertfordshire straddles the north west corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has a diverse range of sectors and businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden forming part of a studio cluster along with Elstree and Pinewood a short drive away.
At a glance
- 700 historic assets and 22 conservation areas, 77% of the district is in the Green Belt
- 1,914 NNDR registered businesses with the economy providing 39,000 jobs
- Very low crime rate
- The district ranks highly for business registrations and start-ups with a highly skilled and trained workforce, high employment levels with GVA and weekly earnings above average
We are currently seeking a Planning Officer to join our Economic & Sustainable Development Team.
- Salary of £28,639 - £30,475 depending on experience
- 28 days’ holiday - rising to 30 days with service
- A generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
- Career development
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Employee volunteering schemes and access to discounted activities and days out
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with experience in a planning policy environment to take the next step in their career and join our Economic & Sustainable Development Team.
Sustainable developments and affordable housing has never been more important and you will have the chance to use your existing skills and experience to make a positive contribution to the local area.
In return, we offer a great benefits package and excellent career development opportunities.
As a Planning Officer, you will be responsible for supporting the Three Rivers community aspirations for the physical infrastructure of our area.
Working on a range of projects including more sustainable development, affordable housing and local jobs, you will help to deliver our Community Infrastructure Levy as well as our Local Plan.
Additionally, you will:
- Complete planning documents
- Analyse a range of data
- Carry out research and monitoring
- Help draft new policy and provide policy advice
To join us as a Planning Officer, you will need:
- At least two years' experience in a planning policy environment
- Good project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- To be IT literate
Some knowledge or experience of strategic transportation, economic development and building conservation would be an advantage but is by no means essential. Knowledge and experience of using GIS and Exacom would also be desirable.
The closing date for applications is 9th August 2021.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Claire May, Head of Planning Policy & Projects.
A basic DBS check will be carried out for this post.
Other organisations may call this role Planner, Town Planning Officer, Town Planner, Development Management Officer, or Planning Compliance Officer.
Webrecruit and Three Rivers District Council are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Planning Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.