Senior Finance Business Partner
Permanent, Full Time
Up to £62,364 per annum
This position will initially be based from home. However, a hybrid working model is expected to be introduced from the autumn 2021 (which will be in line with government guidance), and this will include some office based meetings and some remote work, whilst retaining flexible working options.
This role is responsible for delivering all aspects of financial advice across the Adult Social Care function to ensure the provision of comprehensive support to all levels of management and members. Ensuring pro-active and innovative guidance across the breadth of finance functions and supporting complex projects is an integral part of the role.
As this post is Adult Social Care specific, prior experience of this area is desirable but not essential. The role will be focussed on a specific client area and supports a major transformation programme with significant savings attached. Stakeholder engagement, building and maintaining professional relationships and managing change are all key attributes. Adults is an exciting and high-profile area with opportunity for partnership working with colleagues, peers and health colleagues alike, supporting delivery of quality services to our communities across the county.
Why work with us?
- Make a difference to the local community, be that infrastructure, climate change or adult social care and help us transform Essex to a circular economy as we redefine growth and focus on positive society-wide benefits.
- We are a very large finance team with the annual budget for Essex County Council being £1.038m, with an Adult Social Care net budget of £442m.
- Essex County Council is the 2nd largest Local Authority in the United Kingdom and are often at the forefront of work carried out in the local authority sector.
- Work for a high performing team with great team morale and friendly, helpful, and supportive colleagues.
- Happy to consider public and private sector backgrounds.
- Great training pathways. Encouragement to all staff for their continual professional development
- Flexible working - work on an outcomes basis offering a fantastic work / life balance.
- Local Authority Pension Scheme.
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holiday.
- 37 hour working week.
- Continuous Service - Joining us from another local authority? Then you could benefit from bringing your time served and benefits with you.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Full CCAB / CIMA qualification with minimum of 2 years post qualification experience and evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience in application of financial management and financial frameworks in a large organisation, preferably public sector, through a full financial cycle.
- Essential evidence of providing financial advice to inform complex decision making.
- Evidence of direct influence in improving financial systems and processes.
- Experience of evaluating and supporting innovative and effective means of financing the long term delivery of large scale services.
- Demonstrate significant experience of working with and influencing members and / or executives, as well as, multi-disciplinary teams to achieve service outcomes.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Extensive experience of strong leadership skills and ability to demonstrate credibility, promoting good financial management practice within the business.