Salary Range: Grade 14/15 (from £47,691)
The Growth Service sits at the heart of the council. With 100,000 plus new homes set to be built in Leicestershire by 2050, we want to make sure new roads, schools, broadband and other infrastructure are in the right place, at the right time. We also face significant upfront costs so it's important that we work closely with developers and other councils to influence plans and to share the risks and costs.
The Growth Service is charged with co-ordinating delivery of this dynamic, high-profile agenda across the authority - helping to shape the county of the future.
Growth Managers play a pivotal role:
- Managing a portfolio of highly sensitive, multi-million-pound development sites and other initiatives
- Leading complex negotiations between a range of organisations
- Managing significant financial risks
- Maximising developer contributions and helping secure vital Government funding
If you’re a strategic thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you could be the ideal candidate.
We're looking for:
- A skilled major project manager with experience of the developer/housing sector
- A proven track record of building successful relationships with senior managers and political leaders
- Someone with energy, drive and influence to navigate complex negotiations, provide sound advice and deliver results
- Planning for Leicestershire’s future is a top priority. And if you’re keen to play a leading role, and relish the opportunity to shape the work of the unit from its inception, we want to hear from you.
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page
For informal enquiries, please contact the recruiting manager, Simon Lawrence via Simon.Lawrence@leics.gov.uk or 0116 305 7243.
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
For further information about working for Leicestershire County Council, please click apply below.
If you have any technical issues completing your application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information for this job