Protecting and enhancing the environment and achieving net zero carbon sit at the heart of the authority’s strategic objectives.
This new role is charged with co-ordinating delivery of this vital, high-profile agenda across the Authority - helping to shape its future.
The Environment and Zero Carbon Lead will play a pivotal role:
- Coordinating the Authority’s corporate, joined-up approach to the environment and zero carbon
- Supporting the Lead Cabinet Member for the Environment to deliver on portfolio objectives
- Developing and delivering strong governance and ensuring the Authority’s environmental and zero carbon activities are aligned to deliver overarching strategic objectives
If you’re a strategic thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you could be the ideal candidate.
We're looking for:
- A skilled environmental and zero carbon professional with experience of developing and leading internal and external projects and initiatives
- A proven track record of building successful relationships with senior managers, political leaders and external organisations
- Someone with energy, drive and influence to navigate complex negotiations, provide specialist environmental and zero carbon advice and deliver results
- Planning for Leicestershire’s future is a top priority. And if you’re keen to play a leading role, and relish the opportunity to shape the work of the Authority, we want to hear from you.
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page.
For informal enquiries, please contact the recruiting manager, Simon Lawrence via Simon.Lawrence@leics.gov.uk or 0116 305 7243.
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
For further information about working for Leicestershire County Council, please click apply below
If you have any technical issues completing your application form please contact email@example.com
Further information for this job